Recent content by tenbob

1. tenbob

Upgraded to 3.1 and button parameters disappeared from back-end

Hi Richard_Lumley. So I'm not the only one with this problem. As I said above, I partly fixed it by using a file from an older release. But I now find there are more problems in the back-end. Anything that requires a pop-up has stopped working too. This occurs in the 'Edit list' screen when you...
  2. tenbob

I have made a little progress with this. As per my OP, the pane containing the button parameters is completely blank in the 'Form edit' screen in the back-end. By a long process of elimination I have traced the problem to this file. administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/forms/form.xml...
  3. tenbob

Hi troester. It's happens with every form and also if I create a new form. In every case the back-end 'Form edit' screen has a blank pane where the button parameters should be. The site is in English and has no special characters in the button text.
  4. tenbob

Hi. Following the recommendation in the Fabrik blog I upgraded from 3.0.8 to 3.1rc1, whilst keeping the same database. I immediately noticed an odd effect with buttons. A form that previously had two buttons, 'Save' and 'Go back', had only 'Save'. In the back-end I went to the 'Form edit' page...
  5. tenbob

Confusing form parameter 'Record in Database'

I'm slightly baffled by one of the parameters on the form configuration page. It's called 'Record in Database'. The Wiki says 'If ticked then form saves the data into a database table'. The tooltip says 'Should we store the submitted forms data to the database table?'. So it sounds like turning...
  6. tenbob

email form plugin and php form plugin

I am trying to code (what I thought would be) a simple contact form. The user fills in some data associated with a row in the database and the form is posted to an email address that is stored in the same row. For security reasons the email address is not actually displayed on the form...
  7. tenbob

Accessing form data in javascript

Grateful thanks to Sophist whose advice steered me in the right direction. I have now got this snippet working. For the benefit of others, my conclusions are as follows. Please correct me if I have got anything wrong. (1) Fabrik has two js frameworks loaded simultaneously, jQuery and Mootools...
  8. tenbob

Accessing form data in javascript

Could someone please help with this beginner's problem. I've created a form and put a button on it. Clicking the button should take you to different pages according to the data on the form. I'm not sure how to code the button's javascript in order to access the form data. I found some advice on...
  9. tenbob

Tutorial won't load

Hi. I already made a post about this in the Other Stuff forum, here. Nothing happened so far. You can see an old version of the tutorial swf file in the web archive here. The url includes a typo, but I don't think that's the reason it's broken. HTH.
  10. tenbob

Different forms to view the same table

Thanks troester. I'm glad I'm on the right track. To try and generate a bit more karma I've fixed a couple of small typos and dead links in the wiki.
  11. tenbob

Different forms to view the same table

Despite doing a lot of reading and experiments, I'm still having trouble understanding the basic structure and design philosophy of Fabrik. Can anyone help with a few hints, please? My application is a database of clubs which can be represented in a single flat database table. Fortunately there...
  12. tenbob

Trouble installing 3.0.8

Thanks troester. I think I was using wrong file. The one at http://fabrikar.com/download is the one I should have used. I must have got the other from GitHub, but I don't know how it happened. Sorry to trouble you.
  13. tenbob

Trouble installing 3.0.8

I just wanted to check with the experts whether I was doing something silly. I've just spent a whole day trying to install Fabrik 3.0.8 on a Linux server so I can do some testing. I'm a n00b at this, but I didn't expect it to take so long. I downloaded 3.0.8 from fabrikar.com where it said it...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back