Trouble installing 3.0.8

tenbob

I just wanted to check with the experts whether I was doing something silly. I've just spent a whole day trying to install Fabrik 3.0.8 on a Linux server so I can do some testing. I'm a n00b at this, but I didn't expect it to take so long.

I downloaded 3.0.8 from fabrikar.com where it said it was an "All in one installer package". Is it possible that it has been mis-labelled? I can't get it to install like a standard Joomla package. The installer complains about various XML files. And when I compare the internal structure with 3.0.7 it's completely different. So maybe this is the other type of installation file that needs to be unzipped, zipped and copied manually.

I finally reverted to 3.0.7 which I was able to install without any trouble using the standard Joomla Extension Manager.

Just tried with a fresh 3.0.8 download - no problem at all (xampp on Windows, but I did it several times on Apache/Linux, too).
Did you get pkg_fabrik_3.0.8.zip from http://fabrikar.com/download?
It has the same structure as pkg_fabrik_3.0.7.zip.

Or did you download a GitHub zip file? This is to update existing installations and is not installable.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back