Trouble installing 3.0.8

tenbob

I just wanted to check with the experts whether I was doing something silly. I've just spent a whole day trying to install Fabrik 3.0.8 on a Linux server so I can do some testing. I'm a n00b at this, but I didn't expect it to take so long.

I downloaded 3.0.8 from fabrikar.com where it said it was an "All in one installer package". Is it possible that it has been mis-labelled? I can't get it to install like a standard Joomla package. The installer complains about various XML files. And when I compare the internal structure with 3.0.7 it's completely different. So maybe this is the other type of installation file that needs to be unzipped, zipped and copied manually.

I finally reverted to 3.0.7 which I was able to install without any trouble using the standard Joomla Extension Manager.

Just tried with a fresh 3.0.8 download - no problem at all (xampp on Windows, but I did it several times on Apache/Linux, too).
Did you get pkg_fabrik_3.0.8.zip from http://fabrikar.com/download?
It has the same structure as pkg_fabrik_3.0.7.zip.

Or did you download a GitHub zip file? This is to update existing installations and is not installable.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back