Search results

1. N

Bizarre Results from Calc Element

I have a form with a calc element that takes the extended price of a repeating group, adds it up, tacks on the additional fees element then saves that as the grand total. I've been fiddling with this element for a few days now as it caused all sorts of problems syntax wise when I moved up our...
  2. N

SOLVED - Changing to latest PHP results in "syntax error, unexpected ';'"

So I'm finally able to transition from the very old 5.4 PHP version we were using since I got rid of some dated plugins. I select the latest recommended by our hosting company of 7.1 but upon doing so, when I go to add records to two of our most commonly used (and thus complicated) forms, right...
  3. N

Bizarre disappearing records

I have a system that is only used by a few people to enter records for a program they administer throughout our service area. One of the things they record is what's called a session, a single visit, indicated where it was held, which grouping of sessions it was a part of, when it took place...
  4. N

SOLVED: Public facing form for a repeating group

So I'm trying to find out if what I want to do is even possible. On a form I have a repeating group that our staff use to enter survey results from a handwritten survey form. To make their lives easier I'd like to set up a way for the survey participants to enter their own results bypassing the...
  5. N

SOLVED - Content Plugin - No Records

I have several articles published in Joomla with {fabrik view=list... items posted inside them to display various content in a dashboard sort of way. Recently a whole series of them just started saying "No records" instead of displaying the actual list contents. I still have others that appear...
  6. N

SOLVED - Error 1054 Following Fabrik Upgrade

Hello. Today I upgraded Fabrik from 3.5.1 to 3.6 following this upgrade two of my forms would spit out an error when saving new or modified records. The error message states 1054 Unknown column 'Array' in 'where clause' Thinking this had to do the Form I disabled all form plugins, same...
  7. N

Hypothetical Function

I needed to hit up the community to see if what I'm thinking about doing will work. Basically what I'm looking to build is a basic attendance tracker. Here's the lists I'll have. Sites - Where sessions are held. Sessions - Individual sessions, they'll be linked to Sites to track where each...
  8. N

SOLVED - Function as a library

Couldn't come up with a better title. I'm doing some foundational planning on creating a library management system in Fabrik. Our needs are incredibly simple but there's one part I'm trying to figure out if I could do via Fabrik or if it would require a custom written PHP page to handle. So...
  9. N

Login Redirect to Fabrik

One of the apps I've assembled in Fabrik sends out notification emails to a number of parties. These emails contain buttons setup with links to individual records. These link to detail view and form views as well as one article containing the fabrik content plugin. The issue I'm having has to...
  10. N

SOLVED - Setting dropdown to a default before loading form

I have a system where a user sets a personal default for a couple of fields on another form. Using the PHP plugin on the actual form I was at one time able to set the default selections on two different dropdown menus, these menus are database joins pulling from a preconfigured list of vendors...
  11. N

SOLVED - Bizarre Calc Element Results

I have a calc element that performs a DB pull of a repeating group and sums up the totals from each item then subtracts that from a grand total, this is used to show that all dollar amounts were accounted for allowing the record to be closed for processing. This seems to work flawlessly except...
  12. N

SOLVED - Content Plugin Ranged Filter

I have an article that uses the content plugin to display several filtered lists. They're using ranges to show only expiration dates of certifications within a certain timeframe. I'm having an problem with getting them to work. This code: {fabrik view=list id=36 show-title=0 showfilters=0...
  13. N

AJAX Calculating Repeat Group

I have a list that contains repeating data, that repeating data is comprised of numerous columns where a user enters dollar amounts into each one and a CALC field that totals them all up to the right. The parent form contains a field where a total amount is entered, then two CALC fields, one...
  14. N

SOLVED - Could not instantiate mail function

Perform a Github update to Fabrik this morning. Everything seems to be working except for one thing which worked prior to the update. I have a form setup that sends emails whenever a record is saved or changed. When you submit the form you get the following error: Could not instantiate mail...
  15. N

SOLVED - File Upload Element - Downloads Not Working

I have a file upload element on one of my lists. Uploading is flawless, however, downloading has been problematic. Here's what I've learned so far. When you click on the link for a file, you can see the URL is formulated properly, but you're delivered to the site's home page. Regardless of...
  16. N

Prefilter Query Misbehaving

I have a list setup that records a series of defaults for each user, this allows them to customize the behavior of my application to their liking. One of these settings specifies which building they reside in so they only have to see records of a few different lists that apply to their building...
  17. N

SOLVED - Prefilter Question

I need to see if what I'm trying to do is possible or if I need to figure out a different way. I have a list that matches an employee to their manager via their Joomla IDs. I have another list where an employee enters a record, that manager link from the previous list is used to create an...
  18. N

SOLVED - Schedule - Email - EVAL Problem

Hello All, I've been smashing my head against my desk trying to troubleshoot my code in a scheduled email task. All it has to do is check the value of one element, then in a rather large IF statement test a series of five or six dates to see if they're within a specific time frame from today...
  19. N

Email Schedule Links Messed Up

I have an email scheduled task setup, it puts a record's name in their and Fabrik automatically turns it into a link to the record which is awesome, exactly what I want, except the link is broken. The link has the domain chopped off and its pointing to the administration section of the site...
  20. N

SOLVED - Email Schedule Eval Troubles

Need a little bit of help. This is likely an issue of me not fully understanding the instructions for the Scheduled email task. I have a single list comprised of individual's names along with the expiration dates of their assorted certifications and the site that they work at. What I need the...
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back