Hypothetical Function

nclaypool

I needed to hit up the community to see if what I'm thinking about doing will work. Basically what I'm looking to build is a basic attendance tracker.

Here's the lists I'll have.
  • Sites - Where sessions are held.
  • Sessions - Individual sessions, they'll be linked to Sites to track where each session was held.
  • Families - Just to keep track of different families using the service.
  • Attendance - Data entry folks will select a session (linked from Sessions) displayed as "Site Name - Date of Session", after that it'll just be a repeating group where the family is selected to indicate they were present at this specific section.

As this data is entered, at some point, we'll want to be able to pull up a family and see all of the sessions they attended. My first thought was I would create a new list that just barfed up the contents of the attendance table but it appears Fabrik doesn't handle displaying the labels for the records, I.E. it'll display the record ID instead of "Site Name - Date of Session" The idea being they could use filters to say, "I want to see only the attendance of this specific family"

Am I on the right track, my next thought was that I'd need to use a Join on the new list to display labels instead of IDs but I may be losing my mind. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back