Login Redirect to Fabrik

nclaypool

One of the apps I've assembled in Fabrik sends out notification emails to a number of parties. These emails contain buttons setup with links to individual records. These link to detail view and form views as well as one article containing the fabrik content plugin.

The issue I'm having has to do with login redirection, my login form is configured to take the user wherever they were trying to go after logging in when halted by a link that requires authentication before access. This works flawlessly on the article button but the other two, linking to details or form views don't. Its like Joomla is dropping the original URL, doesn't know where to send them, so just displays a Log out button.

If the user has a preexisting session in Joomla they're taken directly where the button is supposed to take them.

Has anyone had to deal with this and found a way to make it work?

No clue, sorry.

Have you tried any of the 3rd party login redirect plugins? I seem to recall working on someone's site recently that had one, and the docs mentioned redirecting to the original URL.

-- hugh

No clue, sorry.

Have you tried any of the 3rd party login redirect plugins? I seem to recall working on someone's site recently that had one, and the docs mentioned redirecting to the original URL.

-- hugh

I'm struggling to find a plugin designed to do that, lots of redirect plugins but none designed for the very simple purpose of bouncing back to the requested URL. I'm guessing this is because Joomla's built in login form is meant to be able to do that on its own. Even though its clearly missing a few pieces when working with components.

You wouldn't by chance know the name of the plugin that site you were working on was using would you?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back