Fabrik autofill plugin - How to? - Round 2 ^^

thanks I got it.
Could you update again from github - there are some js errors that I have fixed today which might have stopped the plugin from working.

If it still doesn't work can you PM me an ftp account so I can debug what the issue is ?

Thx
rob

Here is my newest attempt. I have cleared out the other lists and started over with this. I have created a list titled Community Builder. This list connects to database "jaig1_comprofiler_fields" with the key: "name".

I then have the settings as shown in the image on the plugin

Still nothing in the field.

Attachments

• a1.png
    a1.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 486
  • a2.png
    a2.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 458
  • a3.jpg
    a3.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 484
I would really appreciate it if we could get this problem dealt with, it's the last thing on this company's site that I need to get done.

ok so there was a bug in the way we were loading js classes for form plugins which i have now fixed.

However, if I have understood correctly, the autofill plugin set up is not right for what you want to achieve.

It seems to me from the settings you have set in the plugin that you want to do a search on some kind of joined data set between jaig1_comprofiler_fields and jaig1_comprofiler_field_values which is the table that contains the actual values for the fields defined in jaig1_comprofiler_fields?

I think what you will need to do is to create a mySQL view to create a single view of the custom defined fields AND their values.

You then might be able to point the autofill plugin at that mySQL view to get the correct data set.

I can honestly say I have no idea how to do that :p

What I want to do, is simply pull the data from the currently logged in user's fields and place it into the personal info on the quote page.

I'm using jaig1_comprofiler_fields because I thought that is where the current logged in user data is stored, I honestly can't verify that and if it is not where the data is, I can't figure out for the life of me where it actually is.

It's using comprofiler because I'm using community builder to have additional customized fields in user profiles. If there is an easier way to do this, I would highly appreciate help in that direction.

ok I re-installed community builder, created some custom fields and modified some users, and in fact the data is stored in the db table #__comprofiler, so you should link to that in the autofill plugin, not jaig1_comprofiler_fields.

No need to create a view as I previously thought.

-Rob

Alright, we're a step much closer, now can you show me an example of how to do this like you did on the first page, only this time using the comprofiler? I've been trying different settings with this new location but to no avail.

Sorry for my inept abilities on this subject, this autofill plugin seems to have become the bane of my existence :p

Here's an image of my current settings. By everything I've looked at and followed, it looks as though it should be working right now, but simply isn't. Everything seems correct to me.

Attachments

• closetoit.png
    closetoit.png
    23 KB · Views: 461
http://screencast.com/t/Mc1sWQYQs

Works for me

I have the list 'Community builder' which points at the db table #__comprofiler

I have a user element called 'user' where the person filling out the form selects the user.

I have the mapping so that the look up is done on the user id in #__comprofiler and the returned data set will update the last name field

It looks like I have the same exact settings and yet nothing is happening. Would you mind going into them and taking a look at them yourself to see if there is some underlying setting that I may have misplaced? I'll resend you the login credentials.

I don't think you do :)

You should first write down in plain English what it is you need to achieve, to clarify things for yourself.

e.g.

* when the user enters data in [field to observe]

* query the fabrik list
[listname]

* get the first record where [lookup field] = [field to observe's value]

* If a record is found then update the form with the map data field:

e.g. to insert the community build company value, into the quotes company field:

{"jaig1_comprofiler___company":"quotes_listed___company"}

I've altered your form so that it works, if you enter a client name as 'Greniewicki' - it will look up that and match against the community builder last name.

However! Really you should be doing look ups on id values, hence why in my previous post I said i had a user plugin (which stores the user ID) as my 'Field to observe' T
If selection was not appropriate, then you could hide the user element and set the autofill plugin to 'autofill on load': yes - to automatically map the users data into the form.

I want it to automatically load the user's information into the contact portion of the form as soon as they open the quote page without filling in any data. It sounds like that is what your saying in the bottom of your response.

Example:

User registers on site. Fills in their contact information, name, address, phone number, company name when they register their account.

This information is now saved to their user profile.

This user logs in and clicks on "request a quote"

The quote page loads and all of the user's contact information is already filled in without the user typing anything.

All the user has to do now is fill out the mailing services portion of the form.

I have changed it to user id as the lookup field and set in an element called quote user which contains the "user" plugin and in options is set to "id".

I've set the autofill options to autofill on load.

It is still not showing the data automatically.

Certainly look forward to finding out a bit more about how to correctly configure autofill, am having similar(ish) problems getting autofill to work :/ Will post in seperate thread and keep watching this one.

K

Your set up looks correct.
Debugging the js I see that we were still testing in the old 3.0 manner as to whether a form is consider 'new' or 'editing', I've fixed that in github
Could you try updating to see if the autofill works on load?

thx
rob

This seems to have been successful, as soon as the page loaded, the company info loaded in.

Thank you so much for getting to the bottom of this!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back