Fabrik autofill plugin - How to? - Round 2 ^^

laztech

Hello, I recently posted a thread looking for info on how to use the auto fill plugin. This thread can be found here:

http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=158142#post158142

While it did lead me to a tutorial, the tutorial itself seems to be of a previous version of fabrik, which makes things very difficult for myself as a new comer to understand, but I've tried following it in comparison to fabrik 3 anyway.

Unfortunately I don't seem to be getting it right, or I'm trying to pull from the wrong section, I'm simply unsure and could really use a hand here.

What I'm building is a price quote form. The user logs in and goes to the form, fills out the info and submits it to get a price quote from the company's staff.

What I want it to do is auto fill the user's personal information from their user profile while they are logged in. I'm using community builder extension to provide the login system and so I need to pull data from that, like name, company, address, etc. and place it into the equivelent fields on the form as soon as the page comes up.

I've tried numerous methods of understanding the tutorial but it simply isn't getting me anywhere.

If anyone can better explain how to go about this, I am all ears ^^

I am on Joomla 3.0.2 and Fabrik 3.1a

I've also been spelunking and it looks like I can create a custom registration form for joomla's built in system, which would actually really allow me to remove community builder from this equation altogether if I do that. If that makes this process easier then I can do that as well. The only reason I'm using community builder is to extend the fields available in user registration.

Info came from here:

http://www.ostraining.com/blog/joomla/fabrik-user-registration-form/

Well this is kind of my end all say all thread, I had the one other one before I subscribed which lead me to the tutorial, I figured I was supposed to post my problems here after subscribing to continue, wasn't sure.

But this is still a large issue, I can't figure out how to get this to work. I'm rather new to all of this table and database stuff.

Still have not succeeded in this matter, and the whole custom profile thing seems like it would not make this process easier than just pulling data from community builder.

The problem I guess I'm having here is I'm not entirely sure what I need to be pulling the logged in user data from. I still don't entirely understand what information needs to go where, and trial and error doesn't seem to be getting me anywhere because no matter what I do, I can't get it to autofill at all.

hi

You'll first need to update from todays joomla3 branch - as I have fixed some stuff related to the autocomplete plugin.

So I have a profile fabrik list (db table issda_profile) with the following fields:

id
user_id
usernname
password
tel
address
country
postcode

Its set up with the juser plugin to create Joomla users when you save the form. (I presume you have a similar list on your site)

Then I created an application list (db table application), with the following fields:

id
user_id
tel
address
(I could have added more I guess but it does for the example)

I edit the application form and add the autocomplete plugin with the following settings:

http://screencast.com/t/ZrPcRRF6

http://screencast.com/t/It0iooYXrih

With those settings opening the application form, whilst logged in a user auto fills the tel and address fields from the users profile

hi

You'll first need to update from todays joomla3 branch - as I have fixed some stuff related to the autocomplete plugin.

So I have a profile fabrik list (db table issda_profile) with the following fields:

id
user_id
usernname
password
tel
address
country
postcode

Its set up with the juser plugin to create Joomla users when you save the form. (I presume you have a similar list on your site)

Then I created an application list (db table application), with the following fields:

id
user_id
tel
address
(I could have added more I guess but it does for the example)

I edit the application form and add the autocomplete plugin with the following settings:

http://screencast.com/t/ZrPcRRF6

http://screencast.com/t/It0iooYXrih

With those settings opening the application form, whilst logged in a user auto fills the tel and address fields from the users profile

Now I've done pretty much the same thing with my user data list for this situation being: custom_user_registration
And my form in which I want autofill to occur being: quotes_listed

The options settings are the same on both of our screens, and here is an image of the data screen:

wnQKh.png

Now I'm only using this to try and at least get something working here, my preferred method is to use community builder's data rather than a custom joomla system because community builder is already set up whereas it looks like if I go the custom joomla registration, I also have to create a custom profile and so on and so forth. I can't seem to figure out where to pull the logged in user data from however in community builder's data.

That point aside, with these settings, the company field still provides no auto filled data, so I'm still at square one on this.

Can you get me logged in to your site? Either catch me on Skype, or PM me the details and bump this thread after you PM me.

I've set up a similar test, and it works for me. So there's something in your setup that isn't right, but I can't see anything obvious in your description and screenshots.

-- hugh

Update, we've taken the site live, so a new finalized version is now located at johnwicki.com

You can still test on the site with the credentials I gave you and if we get this figured out, I can redo whatever you show me on the new site, or I can provide new site credentials if necessary.

While it did lead me to a tutorial, the tutorial itself seems to be of a previous version of fabrik, which makes things very difficult for myself as a new comer to understand, but I've tried following it in comparison to fabrik 3 anyway.

I believe you may have misposted ^^ You quoted part of my original post there.

Sent you a reply via PM because for some reason the forum wouldn't let me post, something about tokens.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back