export import csv

ok
if there is an export import function it mean that it could be used, for the reason each one need
I have set the yesno to 0/1 and now there are other error, with parsing date, unexpected charater
I think it is the / that separate the number
Now, what is really difficult to understand for me, is why this is not a straightforward process?The way fabrik export datas, should be what is good for it to importing
I am not doing changes at the way it export, nore to datas
So why it does not import its own datas?
Like the data parse error
It says / error. But Fabrik put that /, not me! I really don't understand the logic
it sound like someone can't read its own writing

Last edited:
It's the difference between database format (raw) and human readable labels/date formats etc.
And it's a matter of somebody needs it, does it, pays for it...

You can export the "Raw" data as standard CSV format (not Excel, which is a pain with standard databases), then import (as CSV) should do directly.

i am doing csv not excel, i have posted my settings..what else shall i change?raw data is not selected, only data is selected
there must be a way to do everyhting straightfowrward..export/import of datas with same file with no other work at it

Following your posted settings you changed the delimiter and you have "include data" = yes / raw data=no.

Include data =no/include raw data = yes.

But as already said:
Export/import are not the appropiate means for database manipulation and the feature is at it is (feel free to improve).

If you have invalid values in your database table (e.g. coming from adding elements like yesno, calc etc. to lists with already existing data) it's up to you to fill these values with the correct data directly in the database or with export and then import the corrected file or with a php hook (list php_events, php scheduled task...) or with opening and re-saving each record.

All the values in csv are those filled with the export! I don t touch a single thing before importi g again...how do i know which ones are not correct, or invalid?
The / in the data field return error when importing, for example ,what do i fix this?

If it's a date field, then set the cell format in Excel to "Text" and format the dates like "yyyy-mm-dd H:i:s". This is the format which the MySql database saves dates. Excel just likes to format those according to your regional settings, so the database will not accept them.

If you are exporting with include data=no/include raw data=yes it's definitivly exporting dates in SQL format yyyy-mm-dd h:i:s (no matter what your list date format is set to).

So if you have / in your dates in a standard (not Excel) CSV export file you obviously didn't do it with raw.

when export with raw data has /
anyway that was just an example to say...fabrik put /, why it don't like when import?

before data there are other error
the first is the yesno value (which in raw is 1 or 0)
this is the error
Incorrect integer value

if i format the data column as suggested from juuser seems i don t get more data error
but yesno give error

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back