export import csv

cap

hello i have some issue with export import

first thing when i go to export i have only few items selectted for exporting, and i have to manually check all the others which are a lot
Is it possible to have them all checked by default?(i have selected ALL in the list settings for export)
but strangely all the elements of a group are selected...all the other no

the export is ; values separated, while the import has , by default.is it possible to change this?

finally if i export all( or any other export) and try to import i get always an error messages saying that some fields are not found in this table

upload_2023-8-22_16-28-14.png

ok thank you, now it export all
I have an error though when importing, because it import a column "calculation" that i delete from db, form trash, but i can see it it is exported anyway
Even if i manually choose the item to export i can see that element being selectable..but it is no more in the db
anyway..even if i let the import create this column/field i have another import error for other elements

Incorrect integer value: 'Yes' for column `stefano_long`.`lista`.`Completo` at row 1

instead of the plugin that require to configure a php
i can also configure what to export in the publishing csv setting, right?

but why there is that column that is canceled?

at first it was all by default and include calculation was included (but that calculation seems to be a field, not that function)
anyway there are 2 different need
i want to be able to export..and remport all in the fabrik db (may be because i do some adjustment at data or similar only administrative use and rare then)..so in this case i need to export and remiport all
Then i have a need to analyze data in excel, and in this case just unselecting the raw data is fine
so for excel analysis i have a good file exported, but i cannot reimport the db if needed

Last edited:
Hi there
About re-importing: I try to avoid this. Preparing the excel is a hassle, and in my opinion, the risk of errors is too high. You are working with a database to have a central place for your data. If you are exporting, manipulating, and re-importing your data, where is your data living? On your desktop or in the database? Especially if different people are working on it, this can create confusion. And you don't want to get the task of merging two excel sheets with a database of a couple of hundred rows and having to check each row to see which one is the most up-to-date.
So, I only use CSV import if I find a pre-existing excel sheet with more than 50 lines or so. If there are not too many pre-existing datasets, I use them to train the user in capturing data. For the rest, use a daily/weekly backup to be prepared for the worst case. use the edit form feature to correct single errors in records. And use phpMyadmin to correct systematic errors in all your records (after having made a backup).

Cheers
Lorenz

yes i agree with this
i might use the import just because there could be, in this start phase the need to merge datas inserted during some editing..with the risk of some data loss...we are talking about 30/50 records no more
But hopefully i will not need
wat is the edit form feature?

Hi there
With the edit form feature, I meant just the simple edit form for a dataset resp. the entry form for a new dataset. I found it a good practice to teach the users how to use this using some real-life data. It also helps you to understand the data structure better and spot usability improvement if you can watch the users operating the forms.
Btw, I sometimes use phpMyadmin for my imports, seems more direct than going through Fabrik.

Cheers
Lorenz

Ok the need of reimport csv is for a case like this
I have already 30 records in my dv
Each records contain 35 questions with radiobutton yes/no as answer
Many are not filled, will be filled later, so now are in undecided status
I want to add a third button in radio, the * which will be default value and also let the user return to undefined status if click on yes or no for error
Now i will need to set all these radiobutton with unanswered value to *
With excel will be quick
I can do also with phpmyadmin
But i don t know how to do it...
May be you can help me?

Something like this in the SQL-tab:
UPDATE yourtable SET radioelement = "*" WHERE radioelement = ""

You can use "simulate" button to see the results before actually executing the query.

And of course backup is always recommend before doing any these kind of operations.

I can do also with phpmyadmin
But i don t know how to do it...

i m trying this,
UPDATE lista SET radioelement = "*" WHERE radioelement = "" (or radiobutton instead radioelement)
but it say "unknow columnm 'radioelement' in 'field list'
it looks for an element with name radioelement..so of course don't find
we should be able to tell to go and search for all that type of element..right?

if i need to go and put all the radioelement name..than is better excel..isnt'it?

Last edited:
Yes, of course you have to replace the radio element name in the query to match yours. And you need to run this query for all your radioelement columns.

It's up to you to decide which is easier for you, PhpMyAdmin or exporting and importing from Excel.

anyway still don't understand why if i export a csv when i reimport i get error
this is my setting

export.png

when importing, i get error related to a yesno element , first row, which has yes value...there are few field before it

this is the error
Incorrect integer value: '' for column `stefano_long`.`lista`.`Completo` at row 1

Last edited:
As @lori19 said export/import is no appropriate means for database handling.

You must make sure that your import file contains the correct data, in case of a yesno element it must be 0 or 1.

Obviously you have null values in your database which are exported as an empty string.
Such values will be there if you are playing around, adding elements to tables/list with already existing data etc.

Fabrik can handle this as a value coming from the database but if you are importing it's up to you to have correct values in your import file.
You can do this directly in your file or you can add a listcsv list plugin where you can do integrations checks and value modifications before the record is written to the database.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back