Exporting data to production server

myameen

Hi,

I am working on an online application submission system using fabrik 3.0.8. I am trying to find out an efficient way to migrate all the forms and lists from the test server to production sever. I have looked into the option of exporting data into a package and then importing it on the production server but the forms are only available in the system if you select the package on the back-end admin panel of fabrik. I have also tried to export the tables from the back-end database and then imported them into the respective tables on the server (fabrik_elements, fabrik_formgroups, fabrik_forms etc.) but then elements loose table name from the beginning of field names i.e.

fbk_online_application__firstname becomes __firstname
fbk_online_application__lastname becomes __lastname

so on and so forth. l have tried to resolve the issue by trying to find a place where the fabrik application system stores table name to prefix it in-front of field names but can't find that either. Please help if you have gone through the similar scenario and have found some practical solution.

Thanks.

Hi myameen,

using a backup- and restore tool as XCloner (http://www.xcloner.com/) helped me to move complete websites from my testing server to the production server easely including Joomla and databases. I don't know if it is capable if moving selected parts of a website. You may find out on their website.

What I never tried but in your case should try is to ftp all fabrik files from the source site to the new site and exporting and importing all fabrik-related mySQL tables with phpMyAdmin or adminer.

If this is not the right way then i trust that someone else in the forum can put you in the right direction

menno

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back