Exporting data to production server

myameen

Hi,

I am working on an online application submission system using fabrik 3.0.8. I am trying to find out an efficient way to migrate all the forms and lists from the test server to production sever. I have looked into the option of exporting data into a package and then importing it on the production server but the forms are only available in the system if you select the package on the back-end admin panel of fabrik. I have also tried to export the tables from the back-end database and then imported them into the respective tables on the server (fabrik_elements, fabrik_formgroups, fabrik_forms etc.) but then elements loose table name from the beginning of field names i.e.

fbk_online_application__firstname becomes __firstname
fbk_online_application__lastname becomes __lastname

so on and so forth. l have tried to resolve the issue by trying to find a place where the fabrik application system stores table name to prefix it in-front of field names but can't find that either. Please help if you have gone through the similar scenario and have found some practical solution.

Thanks.

Hi myameen,

using a backup- and restore tool as XCloner (http://www.xcloner.com/) helped me to move complete websites from my testing server to the production server easely including Joomla and databases. I don't know if it is capable if moving selected parts of a website. You may find out on their website.

What I never tried but in your case should try is to ftp all fabrik files from the source site to the new site and exporting and importing all fabrik-related mySQL tables with phpMyAdmin or adminer.

If this is not the right way then i trust that someone else in the forum can put you in the right direction

menno

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back