w.y.s.i.w.y.g. editor not working in fabrik 3.9

Racmitch

i have a new site, on j 3.9.8 and just put fabrik in (3.9) to make a few simple forms (I have made these many times.) I have a textarea that I would like to have the w.y.s.i.w.y.g. editor available to the registered user in a section. the textarea shows up but the w.y.s.i.w.y..g. (in this case the JCE Editor) does not enable. also site wide, including this text area none of the fields are formatting to the assigned size (ie: mini, small, large, etc) it just get the same size for everything. I thought maybe it was the template (gantry 5 ) and switched to the standard joomla "prostar" and got the same results. I have been working on the same sites with fabrik for quite a few years and haven't set up a new one in a while. did I miss something in the configuration? Yes I did enable "use w.y.s.i.w.y.g. editor.

Ok...I figured out my issue with the w.y.s.i.w.y.g. editor. Still don't know why the sizes are enabling.

if I create a field or text area, or any element actually and in the "layout" tab select a size from mini through xxlarge the size of the element that shows in the form does not change. attached is a screen shot of a form on this site that was told to be : column 1 medium and column 2 mini. The only way I could get the size to change was to go to group and make it 2 columns then add the % per column, other then that they are all the same size no matter which layout size I select. I was thinking it was the template as I never used fabrik with gantry 5 before and gantry 5 can be "wonky" sometimes, so I switched to the default joomla "prostar" template and the issue remained the same.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 8.27.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-07-09 at 8.27.41 AM.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 130
I can't duplicate this.

size.png

The first 3 fields are set to medium, large and xxlarge respectively.

Or does this only happen in multi column layouts?

-- hugh

yes, that's what I mean with the sizing, and yes I can't duplicate it on other sites either. It's not super critical on this site, but if I can get it to work correctly that would be cool.

No clue. Sounds like something somewhere is overriding the CSS. so 'd have to see the page and dick around with the CSS dev tools to see what's happening.

Or you could do that. Fire up dev tools, use the inspector to select your input, and see if the CSS class is being overridden by anything.

-- hugh

Thanks Bud.....I thought maybe you heard of this or had a quick fix. I will get to that in a bit, I have 50-60 food menus to add to that site right now and i'm only using 2 tiny forms from fabrik. Thanks for your help

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back