very slow search

cap

hello i am experiencing very slow performance when using search form
at the moment i have around 20 elements that i am using as filtering elements in the search form
Each one can have maximum 2 values Y/N, or E/NE
I have now 6 records inserted in the table

If i make a search selecting even only 1 element, after i click SEARCH, it takes around 5,6 seconds to have the response
exactly what hapens is that i see in the bootom of the page the filtered record quite soon, but it takes a while for the search module to show again all text in it.
The dropdown elements for filtering remains there, but all the "text" elements disappear and the pageremain blank for a while. This seems the slowest part

Also, i opened a thread already, is it slow when inserting data, with simple 2 elements, one radiobutton S/N, and a calc that output E/NE according to SorN. When i choose the radiobutton it takes 1,2 seconds before calc output.

Why is everything so slow?calculation are really simple, there are 6 records
may be the host?
somehting to adjust in the table settings?

edit
i have noticed that if i perform the same search for the same element with the adavanced search, then it is normal, the results are quite immediate

Last edited:
if it is i have found that

2717 ms for rendering

That's the highest time consuming respect to the other parts

Rendering

You can also enable J! debug and check the profile tab to see which internal processes are taking so long. I had some fabrik page loads taking 20 seconds and discovered I had a form plugin making a malformed sql query that was returning 7,000 records which all had to be processed. Fixed the sql query returning 54 records and page loaded instantly.

just on the bottom of the page i have some info,i see 64 queries
i have many (45) of this

SELECT *
FROM `jostd_template_styles`
WHERE `client_id` = 0 AND `id` = '11'

buti don't think canbe this
i have tried to switch to cassiopeia template(using helix), now the ducplicate queries are only 7...but nothing has changed when performing the search

also found this

1 x end fabrik display (89.9KB) (7.31%) 415.02ms
1 x afterRender (680.26KB) (5.35%) 303.50ms
1 x beforeRenderRawModule mod_finder (Search) (1.8MB) (5.08%) 288.58

i have made another kinf of test
i have all the element of the search form divided in 4 gorups
I selectively disable all groups but one and there wer same slowness, the gorup with 10 elements a little bit more than the gorup with 2 elements
What makes a big difference is the group with display element, that it run smooth

more test

if i disable the display element the search are smooth too
so the problems are the display elements...may be some settings to change?

What are your display element(s) settings?
Are you running php code with eval=yes?
how to tell about the settings...more or less default..what n particular you want to know?
eval set to no
ah...i did not use validation for any elements of the searchform, as it is suggested in the guide..dont know if it can affecrt. also i don't know how to use the validation

Last edited:
If you don't have eval enabled in your display elements it can't be these elements, it's just text, doing "nothing".
I don't know your setup.

Calc elements? (you said somewhere you have multiple calcs trying to calculate depending on other calcs - which won't do)
Dbjoins with ajax calculation?
JS events set up on elements?

Test your form directly (not in the list intro).

Examine the J!debug profile - where is it using time?

Disable all elements, enable one by one and see what happens.
Check in your browser for JS errors.
Check in your browser's "Network" tab to see the used time

If you don't have eval enabled in your display elements it can't be these elements, it's just text, doing "nothing".
I don't know your setup.

Calc elements? (you said somewhere you have multiple calcs trying to calculate depending on other calcs - which won't do)
Dbjoins with ajax calculation?
JS events set up on elements?

Test your form directly (not in the list intro).

Examine the J!debug profile - where is it using time?

Disable all elements, enable one by one and see what happens.
Check in your browser for JS errors.
Check in your browser's "Network" tab to see the used time
ok very important

the form itself works regularly
so the problem is when inserted in the list
what to do then?

I had a quick look:

You are really trying to have a search form with multiple tabs and >70 elements, all display elemetns and dbjoins (i.e. each rendering via a query), no idea if addionally depending on each other via ajax update or using Advanced "Eval options"?

the form itself works regularly
Loading only the search form is already >4s.

What are your redirect settings (all, screenshot)?

Try also with J!debug off.

I had a quick look:

You are really trying to have a search form with multiple tabs and >70 elements, all display elemetns and dbjoins (i.e. each rendering via a query), no idea if addionally depending on each other via ajax update or using Advanced "Eval options"?

Loading only the search form is already >4s.

What are your redirect settings (all, screenshot)?

Try also with J!debug off.

all those elements do not depends each other evaloption is set off for all
Also i hve tried to unpublish all group but one, and keep only 4 elements published and it is the same...so ithink it does not depends on relations among elements or similar
And if you had notice, in the DATI menu, the query is infact returned quite quick, what takes long is the page to be displlayed again, the text in particular...the dropdown elements are there, while the text no

Instead the search form alone, (menu item RICERCHE) to me seems fine loading is quite normal and aboe all the search is normal
May be you have experienced a server delay..sometimes it happens
I ll set Jdebug off..but i set it on only 1 hour ago, to check anyissue

redirect.png

redirect2.png

Last edited:
So if you disable all display elements it's running?

You could try to change display to field with no add/edit access.

So if you disable all display elements it's running?

You could try to change display to field with no add/edit access.
I have come to conclusion that the big main difference is when i run search form on its own. This way seems fine, so i am not sure elements are the main reason

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back