Updating records

saipan

Hi,

I'm having problem updating any record on my list. In the backend or frontend, whenever I select a record and select 'Edit' and updated data, I get the following error. My form contains file uploads and it is one of the data that I was trying to update. I set to overwrite file when uploading updated file(s).

updateObject: Cannot find key in data: id

I'm using the latest version from Github.

Any ideas what could be wrong here? Thanks.

saipan

Does your list contain a primary key element, published, writable to the user who tries to update?
Fabrik version? (This is Fabrik3.0 forum)

fabrik is latest from github as of about 90 minutes ago. J2.5.16.

Elements:
id
date
name
phone
email
comments
event date
published
upload photos

Goal of this form is for users to upload their photos with testimonials of their experience with the company. Admin needs to approve each record before it is public, hence the 'published' element. I'm thinking that is why I am getting this error.

What is the best way to have records submitted but not public until approved by an admin?

So I created a test form and so far so good, going to recreate my whole form and test it step by step to see if I can figure out what caused the first one to fail.

Hi All, i have same problem also, "updateObject: Cannot find key in data: id"
Add, delete, and sort data are working good. but couldn't edit data.
I have tried from back-and also, and i got
500 - An error has occurred.
updateObject: Cannot find key in data: id

Help me please.
Thanks

and now, for no reason my site is doing the same, cannot update/edit records as get this error.... tried unpublishing and republished all elements, no luck. No update, just works one day, doesnt the next.

Well, I found out what had happened in my case. The Primary ID has unassociated itself with the main group. this meant it belonged to no group at all and in the elements view it was just blank, but the date_time associated with this id wasn't blank, it was still associated to the main group, which gave me the idea.

It seems the main group created when also creating the main form had forgotten its own name, so I reminded it by re-associating itself and then adding the primary ID back to that group, and everything kicked in once again.

Not sure how this could have happened as noone had been in the back end, it only happened when a front end edit of a group was attempted, and that kicked it off.

Does your list contain a primary key element, published, writeable to the user who tries to update?
99% sure that this question is very pertinent!
You're list must have a primary key element selected.
It must be published and accessible on the form.

ah sorry I cross posted with you - odd that the element had become unattached to the group, I'm not sure how that could have happened

Neither am i, but more importantly, if we know it did happen, the answer is there for all to check, an very easy to sort out if it does :)

Hi everybody,

I've upgraded a Joomla! 2.5.9/Fabrik 3.0.6 to a Joomla! 2.5.16/Fabrik 3.0.9 web site.
And I'm having the similar issue.
id element is the primary key, it's published and it belongs to a group. The form view and details view access are set to Public access.
I can create and delete item but I can't edit one.
Both id element and date element don't dipslay in my list even if I Set theme to show in list

Regards

Edit: I could manage this issue by moving id element (I do so for date element too) in another group than the original one (created before the Fabrik update).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back