Update_col List Plugin - Send email not working

I've set up the update_col plugin on a list. It properly sets two fields in the table row when the button is clicked. But nothing I do seems to get it to send an email.

I am trying to use a field for the email that contains the user_id. The field label is set to be a concatenation of the name, username, email address. The docs indicate the plugin would recognized either an email address or user_id, but neither works. I've tried changing the label from the concatenated fields to just the email address. That doesn't work. I also tried using the static email field to extract the email from the concatenated label using $cel = explode(',',$row->user_id); return $cel[2]; That doesn't work.

BTW. Form email plugins are able to send email, so it isn't a site issue on sending email.

I suppose my alternative would be to set up and run a scheduled email plugin. But it will be more complicated to reliably detect which records were modified and avoid duplicate emails.

It's working fine on my site with a dbjoin displaying the email + Eval checked + Email set to
return $row->test___my-dbjoin;

Row data is with full element names (i.e. table___column).
If you are unsure what you get you can always debug with something like var_dump(...);exit;

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back