unable updating records in a list

griebels

I have a curious problem with one list in our deployment.
Everything is working fine, addding, deleting viewing entries/records are working a expected.
But editing any record in this list is no longer possible. All other lists are still working.
The correct form is opened, I can choose any element, changing the value and saving this form, but no update is done to the database.
I don't get any error, neither within the browser, nor in the log file of apache/php.
I tried the fabrik debug option to get some for information, but it seems that the debug function is only called on loading but not on submit.
If I'm wrong, can anyone please give me a description how to enable the debugging?
Any other idea how to debug this error?
What I have tried so far is to create a second time the list, forms, and elements choosing a new name - this time, using the copy, editing is working. So there might be somewhere a configuration issue with at least one of the used elements. But how to debug that further?
By any chance my goal is fixing the issue as recreating that list with the complete configuration would take several days.

Any idea?
currently used version is Joomla 2.5.8 / github from 12th of Dezember

we dont have anything that would really help with the debugging of the submit.
It sounds like theres something up with the element that is used as the primary key.
Check its published, and check its selected as the primary key in the list's data tab.

I have also exactly the same issue with the same version of app. Only one of 25 lists, I cannot update the values of the field. The problem is only with lists with only one element (except from ID & datetime). I have tried to debug it but If i dont have the logs on the submit, I cannot understand it. Is it possible to write logs on files while submit/save press ?

After of hours of testing, I found out that ONLY for lists that they have only one element (except the ID/Datetime), if you have only one element and ID/Datetime are not show in the list , on the edit mode for update, the system does not updates the database. But, if you activate to show the ID on the list, then on the edit mode, the system update the element on the database. I had downloaded the latest version of Fabrik on 7 Dec. Please check it because it is important to create lists with only one field for add/edit/delete values. When you add a new value, it does not have any problem. Maybe, when you edit the record, it does not holds the ID of the record. I tried to debug it without any result.

Thanks for your excellent product

I can't replicate this.
Are you sure you didn't "unpublish" the ID element instead of "remove from list view"?
ID has to be published and writeable.

give me your email so to provide a private link, to check it. I lost a day until to understand how is working.

I'm available for the next few hours on Skype ('cheesegrits'). Remember to tell me who you are on these forums if you send me a contact request.

-- hugh

(1) Exact same editing problem for me, and it happens in both the front-end and back-end forms.

(2) This may be related: Editing an element definition is buggy. Instead of getting the regular admin screen by which elements are edited, I get only this:

* Element properties linked to:
*Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in administrator\components\com_fabrik\views\element\tmpl\edit.php on line 58
[CHECKBOX] * Unlink.

Then, if I check the checkbox, the rest of the screen appears. If I save the element and edit it again, the admin screen appears normally without the errors/checkbox.

(3) Fixing the elements as mentioned in #2 does not fix #1.

Help?

(1) Did you check that your list has a primary key element defined and this element is published, editable, integer, autoincrement?

(2)
* Element properties linked to:
[CHECKBOX] * Unlink.

Then, if I check the checkbox, the rest of the screen appears. If I save the element and edit it again, the admin screen appears normally without the errors/checkbox.
This (without the notice) is the normal behaviour if you want to edit a "child" element (i.e. the element is a copy of it's parent element, created by copying a list or an element of a joined group etc).

Yes: Published, editable, integer, auto-increment; I checked both the Fabrik and MySQL settings twice.

This record is not a "child" of anything. There is no relationship to other tables. However, the list was created by copying another list. I presume that after the copy is made, no relationship exists between the original/copied list.

So, still stuck.

Troester,

It seems somewhat likely to me that several people reporting the same new problem within 24 hours indicates the problem may rest with Fabrik.

David

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back