Two lists, one table: Add same element to both

I have two lists referenced to the same table. When I add an element to one of the lists then try adding the same element to the second list it says it is a duplicate.

How can I add one element to one table that then is available to all the lists pointing to that table?

I think it's automatically added to all lists pointing to the same table. Depending on your settings in Fabrik options the "child" elements may be disabled.

I checked the Fabrik options and checked for unpublished elements, but nothing seemed to point to a solution. So (probably not the way to go, but) I edited the #_fabrik_elements table to add the new element in the correct group and with the other element as parent. Seems to be OK so far.

I have two lists referenced to the same table.
Out of interest, how did you set up the second list? If you created a new list and used the "Database table" dropdown under the "Data" tab to select the first table, you might get unreliable results (as I did, once upon a time). The best way is to use the "Copy" button on the original list and rename the list/form/groups appropriately. All elements are then linked and any new elements in one list should appear in the other.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back