template problems T3/Joomlart

relsig

Hello

I'm using a template from Joomlart based on T3 framework (bootstrap 2). Since Fabrik moved to JLayout this works much better no with no need for the bootstrap plugin.

what I have a strange effects that there are icons missing or also css styles not as they should be from Fabrik.

For example look at the following with the Protostar template
protostar details view.JPG

In the Joomlart template it looks as follows
brisk details view.JPG

As you can see the lines have gone, also the gray shades are gone. Most astonishing the check marks at the very right are also gone. There are other examples but let's stay with these.

I have the suspicion that not all Fabrik template files are where they should be. There is for example nothing from Fabrik in the folder /templates/{current-joomla-template}/html/layouts/com_fabrik.

Are there other directories where Fabrik puts files?

Am I going into the wrong direction since it is working with protostar? Does someone have experience with this problem?

Thanks

I would actually like the styling from Fabrik. For my needs this would work perfect.
I don't want to do any changes. I just don't know yet why there are these strange effects. I guess there must be some conflicts in some css files of my Joomlart template. I opened a case at Joomlart, we will see what they come up with.

Are you sure it's a Bootstrap 2 template? I thought all JA T3 templates were BS3.

Which of your sites is it?

-- hugh

Hmmm. Although it is a Bootstrap 2 template, it is using Font Awesome. So far we've only got Bootstrap 3 layouts that use this, all the BS v2 templates we've come across us the IcoMoon icons shipped with J!.

So, you've got two options. Work on building a set of overrides for this template that do Font Awesome (you can cherry pick the ones from our bootstrap3-layouts repo), or pick another JA template which is BS v3, which would let you use the bs3 layouts.

-- hugh

Thank you very much for your investigations. I saw that there is another thread with similar problems. I thought I had a template that followed all Joomla prerequisites, but it seems different.

I also have a support ticket open at Joomlart. They gave me an override for the radio button, but it seems not to work, wrote back again.

Here is what was proposed: .com_fabrik .radio.btn-group input[type="radio"] { display: none; }

As soon as I have a working solution I will post it here (radio buttons vs yes no plugin as well as missing check marks), so other with the same problem can use it.

I will also have a look at the Fabrik bootstrap 3 stuff.

Thanks

Can you ask them to provide me a copy of JA Brisk? They sent me Teline for that other issue. They can mail me, hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com.

-- hugh

They provided some css override for the problem. But this doesn't work. It shows the checkmark icon, but screws up all the others :(

CSS:
@font-face {   
    font-family: 'IcoMoon';
    src: url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.eot');
    src: url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.woff') format('woff'), url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.ttf') format('truetype'), url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.svg#IcoMoon') format('svg');
    font-weight: normal;
    font-style: normal;
    }

.com_fabrik [data-icon]:before {
    content: attr(data-icon);
    speak: none;
    }

.com_fabrik [class^="icon-"],
    .com_fabrik [class*=" icon-"] {
    display: inline-block;
    width: 14px;
    height: 14px;
    margin-right: .25em;
    line-height: 14px;
    }

.com_fabrik [class^="icon-"]:before,
    .com_fabrik [class*=" icon-"]:before {
    }

I checked with firebug there are no errors.

I told them again for a copy for you, no answer yet.

I've repeatedly asked for a "courtesy" membership so I can build layout overrides for JA stuff, never even gotten a response. They did provide a copy of a template another Fabrik user was having issues with a week or so ago, so hopefully they will let us have this one.

I love JoomlArt templates, I just wish they would be a little more accommodating about extension developers needing copies of their stuff to build layout overrides for, in cases where they are deviating from J!'s standard Bootstrap v2 / Icomoon. I understand why they do go their own way, but it does leave us extension devs in an awkward spot, trying to make our stuff play nicely with theirs.

Feel free to point them at this thread. I'll even set up an account for them so they can respond if they want, or they can sign up for a free one here:

http://fabrikar.com/component/users/?view=registration

So, for any JA folk who might read this, I've had a JA account since 2007, username 'cheesegrits', and have spent $119 in memberships, but I just can't afford another membership right now. If you could elevate me to full membership so I can download templates Fabrik users have issues with, I would very much appreciate it. I promise not to use them for anything other than development purposes.

-- hugh

I've received a solution that works for me from Joomlart. I had problems especially with the yes/no element. If someone should run into the same problems here is the solution that worked for me.

If you don't yet have a custom.css file in /templates/ja_brisk/css create an empty file. Copy the following into the file

CSS:
@font-face {   
    src: url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.eot');
    src: url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.eot?#iefix') format('embedded-opentype'), url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.woff') format('woff'), url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.ttf') format('truetype'), url('../../../media/jui/fonts/IcoMoon.svg#IcoMoon') format('svg');
    font-weight: normal;
    }

.com_fabrik [data-icon]:before {
    content: attr(data-icon);
    }

.com_fabrik .icon-checkmark {
         display: inline-block;
         width: 14px;
         height: 14px;