Stripe best practices

rlicopoli

tester
Has anyone had any success integrating Fabrik with Stripe payment system?

I'd like to work with others on making a solution or plugin over the next few days.

I looked at the API last year, wanted to create a Stripe processing plugin, but haven't had the time.

The API looks very straight forward, so shouldn't be too hard.

-- hugh

YANIV,
No, I did not make a stripe plugin. I bought a stripe plugin for joomla and redirected my Fabrik form to a payment page with the stripe plugin. It's not efficient because The form data is entered twice by the customer. I would love to have a stripe integration for fabrik; however, am not skilled enough to make it on my own.

I have no problem funding it if you can produce it quickly.

The workflow is:
public or guests goes to a joomla page, if they decide to buy then they fill out the registration form and then get redirected to a payment page.

If the user is already registered and logged in, then the user can purchase a product and the stripe checkout automatically populates the email address and mailing address and contact information for the user.

If you can do this then I'd be happy to fund it as long as I own it (since I bought it).

The way we offer doing plugins like this, that we think are of enough interest to the community for us to include in Fabrik, is we split the cost with whoever wants to help fund it. That is, we only charge for 50% of the hours. You gain by getting the functionality you need at a lot less than market value, we win by adding the functionality to Fabrik.

In some cases, if someone doesn't want to contribute the plugin to Fabrik, we'll do it for full price and it's proprietary to whoever paid for it. But as a Stripe plugin is something we're definitely going to add at some point, that's not an option I'm interested in, in this case.

-- hugh

I love it. I would be willing to donate to the project. I just need a price to get it done asap.

Thank you.

What is your deadline? I have a lot on my plate right now, and this won't be a trivial undertaking. I don't want to commit to an unrealistic deadline. And this is one of those undertakings where I'm not sure how long it's going to take, as I haven't done it before, so I'm going to have to do a little preparatory work to even figure out how long it'll take, to put together a quote.

-- hugh

@rlicopoli @confis

I'm getting there ... made my first successful Stripe transaction in test mode with the new plugin:

stripe_test.png

One more session, and I'll have the basic first cut ready. It won't really be ready for live use, but good enough to start doing some tests with in your applications.

Then we can discuss the cost to put the trimmings on it to make it work for your workflows.

-- hugh

I've gotten the basic code going, to the point where it's working end to end. Stripe capturing the cc details when hitting Submit on the form, form processing the payment after submission, and inserting the charge id into the row data. Still a fair amount of work to do (I'm about to add creating a Stripe customer, so we can handle recurring or repeat payments).

Anyway if either of you want to have a go and test it, let.me know, I'll commit what I have so far.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Cheesegrit. This is great! Message me for payment details. I do work for corporations and can pass this cost and any other costs you may have off to my clients. Thank you!

What is your deadline? I have a lot on my plate right now, and this won't be a trivial undertaking. I don't want to commit to an unrealistic deadline. And this is one of those undertakings where I'm not sure how long it's going to take, as I haven't done it before, so I'm going to have to do a little preparatory work to even figure out how long it'll take, to put together a quote.

-- hugh
Hugh,

I understand this will always be a work in progress, so the deadline is today and let's assume we missed the deadline. Now there is no pressure to meet the deadline and the answer is whenever it is finished. It will always have to be maintained so let's plan for a continual improvement.

Also, please note that the most important aspect of this plugin is that it has to pass home address and contact information into my client database but also to stripe. This will allow registered users to have a faster checkout. Thank you!

Find me on Skype (cheesegrits, hugh dot messenger at gmail dot com).

Include something about Fabrik in the comment when you send the contact request.

-- hugh

Also, please note that the most important aspect of this plugin is that it has to pass home address and contact information into my client database but also to stripe. This will allow registered users to have a faster checkout. Thank you!

Stripe doesn't really care about addresses. It allows you to collect them during the checkout process, but Stripe doesn't do anything with the addresses (other than use the ZIP for verification, if that option is enabled - if not collecting addresses and ZIP checking is enabled, it just collects the ZIP).

However, it is a convenient way of collecting the addresses, as they get passed back to us in the Stripe callback.

I'm working on adding that to the customer data collection in the plugin now.

-- hugh

OK, I got the address collection stuff going.

http://screencast.com/t/k0YkQFHtH

So, you tell it the "customer table" you want to use (in my case, my Profile list), telling it the user ID element and Stripe customer ID element on that table, and during submission it will attempt to create a Stripe customer, with the payment source they specified. Then it inserts or updates a row in your customer table with the address and Stripe customer ID. Then it runs the Stripe transaction.

When the form loads, it checks to see if the logged on user has a Stripe ID in your customer table. If it does, we won't invoke that Stripe dialog, instead we insert that "Pay for item with existing card ending in XXX". If it doesn't, we popup the Stripe data collection dialog on submit.

(In the screencast, I don't have a redirect set on that form, and it just reloads the form after submission (easier for testing), which is why it came back and re-opened the form with the existing customer details).

Still a ways to go, but the basics are there. It records the Stripe transaction ID in the main form, and the customer details in the custome table you tell it about.

-- hugh

I added it to github yesterday. So yes, you should be able to discover it in the J! extension manager after a github update.

This is the first cut, just establishing basic functionality. Next step is to make it more usable, in the way the product / pricing is specified. And probably allow a choice of modes. Atm it's "order form" centric, I'd like to add a product catalog centric mode.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I'm around this weekend if you have some time. I'm interested in having someone actually use it, so I can get it whipped in to shape.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back