[solved] some export csv issue

cap

Hello, when i export the csv only few fields are exported. All those that are set as "not visible in list" are not exported
How do i do to have them exported all? I want that only advanced search or filtering will affect on wht i export
Thanks

ok i have found . i need to set "include in list query" to on

i still have 2 issues

the id thaty is not visible in list and not set as include in list query..but it is present in the excel exported
How can i hide it?

when i use advanced search and export data, all the data are exported. I have set INCLUDE FILTER to ON, but still all datas are exported

Last edited:
the second issue, the one about filtering, is solved. probably just needed to clear cache.it as fine the way i set

You should not need to touch elements "Include in list query" setting for that.

In list CSV-export settings you can select which elements you want to include in the exported CSV-file:

upload_2023-10-10_14-40-7.png

And set "Include raw data" to "No".

You should not need to touch elements "Include in list query" setting for that.

In list CSV-export settings you can select which elements you want to include in the exported CSV-file:

View attachment 20949

And set "Include raw data" to "No".
yes..but they are so many, that probably was easier doing like that
If i add th eelement as you say i get a very long list to scroll..and after the forsts row it becomes nearly unmanageable
Is it correct anyway or it might lead some problems?

Last edited:
ok it tooks me a while..and crossed eyes but i put all the elements in the "select" list

but still..not all of the field i selected are shown in the export..i would say a part.
I deactivated the include in query for some of them (those i selected)..and some are showed, some are not
what i have to tdo then?

Last edited:
to resume
i have set all the elements in the "select" field

then i disable some "include in query" just for some of the fields (to test) and i see that the export contains fields with a logic i dont understand. Many are missing..regardless to what i have set in SELECT or how i set the INCLUDE In QUERY

I can confirm this behavior: if you have "Which elements" set to "Selected", it will only export the selected elements which are visible in list view and/or have "Include in list query" set to "Yes".

It has probably never been an issue to anyone, because it's usually not needed to touch the "Include in list query" setting which is by default "Yes".

So your options are:
1) Set the "Include in list query" to "Yes" for the element you need in CSV-export.
2) Export all the elements.
3) Make a feature suggestion / bug report in the appropriate forum topic (very unlikely this will be in the top of the priority list, but you'll never know).

ok i use th einclude in list query then
But there are certain elements that are in the export even if they are not set to yes. The ID for example, and few more...

I cannot replicate this. If I export CSV with selected elements, then there are only elements in the CSV-file which are selected in the list CSV-settings.

now i am using the export all with include in list query set to yes. some elements are exported even if not set to yes though

Yes, when exporting all fields, then "Include in list query" setting doesn't count, it exports all fields like it should.

no..this is what happened to me..at first (a part of these few) i had most of my elements not set to YES for include in list query..and they were not exported, even with EXPORT ALL sttings
So it is strange...the majority of th efields will not export if not set to yes for "INçUDE IN LIST QUERY" while few of them are exported anyway
may be is there other parameter that count on this?

Sorry, I mixed up my main list and list copy while testing. This is correct, when export All is selected, also element's "Include in list query" setting should be "Yes" in order to have this element in exported file.

So, in general, if "Include in list query" is "No" then it's not included in CSV-export regardless of the CSV setting (Selected or All elements).

Sorry, I mixed up my main list and list copy while testing. This is correct, when export All is selected, also element's "Include in list query" setting should be "Yes" in order to have this element in exported file.

So, in general, if "Include in list query" is "No" then it's not included in CSV-export regardless of the CSV setting (Selected or All elements).
ok this is how it should be
But i have 5 elements sets to no that are still exported! One of these is the ID which i really don't want to be exported
Any idea?

Are you using the export "All" option and are those elements visible in list? If the element is visible in list view, "Include in list query" seems to be treated as "Yes", even if it's set to "No". It kinda makes sense, as it has to be included in list query when it is included in the list view.

it is not like that. As i said earlier, i tried set to NO (inlude in list view) to another field..and it did not go to export
SO 95% of the fields go to export if include is set to YES and don't go to export if include set to NO
5% of the fields, go to export regardless the setting in INCLUDE

... and those elements displayed in csv and with "Include in list query" set to "No" are not set to be visible in list view?

ok they are almost all visible
so this is the point.
but only one is not visible, the ID
so the id remains the only strange behaviour then

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back