[SOLVED] Problems with Update Columns list plugin (bug?)

This is very strange, I can't see anything which would explain the difference...

I agree, I really can't find what could be the problem, I really need that pluging because I have often to update multiple columns with the same value....

I really have no idea, can't replicate the problem on my test servers either.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Hi guys,
I've fixed it!!

Or better, I found what's the problem!
I think it's a sort of bug.

In the update page of the plugin, I simply select "allow user selection" and selected the column I wanted to update. It didn't work.

I discover that the problem is in the first button, "update".
If I left the menu blank like in image 1, the plugin doesn't work.
If I click on the green +, leaving everything blank like in image 2 and save, the pluging works!

Don't know why, but it works for me!

P.S.: it is normal the update column pluging is incompatible withe inlineedit plugin?!

Attachments

• Immagine1.png
    Immagine1.png
    19 KB · Views: 284
  • Immagine2.png
    Immagine2.png
    21.6 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:
I simply can't replicate the issue with it not working if I select a column to update.

The inline edit plugin is not being worked on any more, it's "as is", so if update_col doesn't work with it, then no, it doesn't work.

-- hugh

I seem to be having the same problem identified by Pissa. However, the solution presented doesn't seem to work in my case. When I have the particular update_col plugin enabled, a blank window with the title UPDATE loads in the bottom left of the page (in an unformatted-looking fashion). Has any other progress been made on this problem. I didn't have this problem until I upgraded to the latest version of Fabrik.

I can't replicate any issues with the update_col plugin. Have you completely cleared your browser cache, to make sure you don't have the pre-update JS cached?

-- hugh

As I said, I can't replicate it. So I can't fix it.

If you can point me at a page with this issue, I'll take a quick look. But as both reports of this are in Community support, it's way down my priority list, after issues I'm dealing with in the paid support forums.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back