(SOLVED) is the cascadingdropdown working on Fabrik 4?

jmoises

is the cascadingdropdown working on Fabrik 4?, i ask because i know is active, but is not working for me, not populate data like before,

thanks for any help

i Found this:

For mee i am not able to populate the cascadingdropdown, and not able to save after i read that post, Now i am able to save the form i was getting same error as the form and the link, i set Please select value=0, now i can save the form, if i edit the record the cascadingdropdown is able to populate now, but not when i try to create a new record.

BTW i use 1 Database join and 2 cascadingdropdown this was working fine before the update,
1708643015481.png

the second cascadingdropdown is still not working even after i save and try to edit

NOTE: if i save after select the Estado, and re-open the form i can select Ciudad and save it,.

Last edited:
CDD2 watching CDD1 watching DD is working fine on my site.

Do you have JS errors in your browser console?
Which J! template? Which Fabrik form template?

Is it working in the backend?

Thanks for reply:

i got this error in console:
/index.php:1

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 403 ()
1708799774202.png

im using a Ganitry Nova Free template

and in fabric form i use bootstrap_tabs

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
  1. A form field element should have an id or name attribute

1. A form field element has neither an id nor a name attribute. This might prevent the browser from correctly autofilling the form.
      To fix this issue, add a unique id or name attribute to a form field. This is not strictly needed, but still recommended even if you have an autocomplete attribute on the same element.
    2. AFFECTED RESOURCES
      1. 2 resources
        1. Violating node
          Violating node
      • Learn more: The form input element

Hi there

I recently encountered those 403 errors too and after much digging around I found two ways out. Maybe they help you.

1. On a Wordpress, selecting an image was not possible. The error console showed a 403 for some ajax-related files. Turns out the ISP had deactivated some features of ImageMagick for security reasons. I had to deactivate the Security module for this server on the control panel.

2. A Frabirk installation started getting very slow and throwing random 403s in the console, again mostly -when some ajax feature was involved. Digging into the server logs I noticed that some of them mentioned some MySQL connection error. The solution was to increase the number of simultaneous allowed MySQL connections. You might need to ask your provider to do this for you.

Sorry, very technical, but maybe it helps.

Kindly.
Lorenz

I am still looking on this, i ask customer support of my hosting and they say is related to .htaccess, i have remove it or try to made the change recomended and same problem. :(

I have checked the error thoroughly. Could see that the error is cause by the .htacesss file.

Redirection for index.php in the file failed to load and gave the error 403.
currently with default code it also gives the error but with the plugins.

Kindly get this error corrected from a developer's end by updating the .htaccess code correctly in this case.

For reference>

Hi there

I recently encountered those 403 errors too and after much digging around I found two ways out. Maybe they help you.

1. On a Wordpress, selecting an image was not possible. The error console showed a 403 for some ajax-related files. Turns out the ISP had deactivated some features of ImageMagick for security reasons. I had to deactivate the Security module for this server on the control panel.

2. A Frabirk installation started getting very slow and throwing random 403s in the console, again mostly -when some ajax feature was involved. Digging into the server logs I noticed that some of them mentioned some MySQL connection error. The solution was to increase the number of simultaneous allowed MySQL connections. You might need to ask your provider to do this for you.

Sorry, very technical, but maybe it helps.

Kindly.
Lorenz
Thank you i will try to look on this...

Well, i just dont know what to do, i ask for support on my hosting and they run multiple test, including virus, permisions, etc, and no they say is the cascading plugin

Please note that the issue is with the plugin content.
( 55m 15s ) Heet P: The Cascading dropdown
plugin content specifically.
( 55m 58s ) Heet P: For this you will have to check the issue from the development level.

And ask them to restore the plugin files if possible,
or resolve the access issue, with the plugin content.
( 57m 11s ) Heet P: I have kept track of the live logs while checking the entire process,

And I see that no server restrictions are being triggered for this.
( 57m 19s ) Jorge Moises: ok

Hi Jorge

Here's another - not very logical - tipp:

Delete your three CD and CCD elements and add them again. Take care that you don't loose your existing data if any.

Kindly,
Lorenz

Or: Before deleting/recreating the existing elements create a new test list and add only such three elements with default settings etc.

Is this J!4 or J!5?
php version?
What is your error reporting level? Set it to None, warnings etc. are breaking json responses.
Is it working in the backend?

BTW: As long as your console is showing cascading...-min.js you don't have Fabrik Option "Debug JS".

Thanks for the reply here are answers @troester

What is your error reporting level? I have set it to NONE
Is it working in the backend? YES i just test it
Fabrik Option "Debug JS": YES i was wrong, i did change it on Fabric settings.

PHP Version8.2.16
Joomla! VersionJoomla! 5.0.2 Stable [ Kuboresha ] 9-January-2024 16:00 GMT

Hope this helps more, i did create another list, copy elements, they work on backend, but not in frontend,

Thanks for any reply

1709318794927.png

1709318408793.png

Attachments

• 1709318090161.png
    1709318090161.png
    178.7 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online