[SOLVED] Hiding tabs related to hidden groups in "bootstrap tabs"

Status
Not open for further replies.

bggann

Haven't found any documentation of this yes - but I'll keep working.

I have a form that has a main group and multiple "repeated" groups. Currently using bootstrap tabs to render the groups as tabs. Not every group needs to be displayed in every case. That is based upon a dropdown on the main group. I can 'hide' or 'show' the group based on the value in the dropdown using java (the built in function), and the 'feilds' appear/disappear appropriately. But I want the "tab" to appear/disappear. It is confusing to my users to have a tab there which is "empty" and does not apply.

I took at look at the visibility section in the group - but there really is not enough detail to go on there.

-Bob

Okay - been playin' here. Same problem, well limitation, exists with 'pagenated' groups. The pages do not go away, but the content of the pages does.

I dug into the template and source, paying careful attention to what happens when you "show/hide" groups on a live page. I can see where when I select an option that "hides" a group - the style to that group changes to fabrikHidden (or something like that, I've closed the windows). I need to apply the same thing to the tab legend when I select the items. I can do it manually in developer tools - add "display:none" to the element I care about.
But I need to know where in the fabrik code I can trigger it. Basically, the same behavior that causes the style for the group on the tab to change, (add .fabrikHidden), I need to do to the tab.

Any pointers on where to look.

Again - what I have it:

- Javascript on an element on the main "group"
- "On change" hide or show a group based on the content of the element.
- The groups appear and disappear, but the tabs do not.

I used the built in functions on the java, but I could write java code probably if I knew what to do....

Bob

I'm adding some code to the FX handling so it automagically hides/shows the group's tab. Watch the commit widget over there >>> for when it gets comitted.

-- hugh

Okay - I've been on the road myself for a couple of days, so I went back and looked at commits. I saw a commit on March 2 that seemed to be this.
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/7df9aff2bf3a7cd012aacca01fe0ce83697b9593

I pulled the master down and installed (unzipped/updated).
However, I'm seeing the same behavior as before. The fields show/hide, but the tab remains.

I'm not a git expert. Perhaps I messed that up - I followed the directions on http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/
After the update - the version/dates all say 3.5.2 and January 2017 - so maybe I did not get the updates?

Bob

Nah - looks like the changes in the commit are on my site.

Note - I'm updating the "sites" information now - this is not the previous site.

The site is the aviation one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back