[Solved] Can SEF URLs be simplified?

RobertG

Hi,

I didn't use SEF on the a development site. I just tested and for a form link, I get an URL I don't really like:
/quote-your-stay/form/16.html
The menu link is "Quote your Stay", its alias "quote-your-stay". Is it possible to exclude "form/16"?
Do I need to use 4SEF or equivalent extension?
I tried to search SEF in the forum and Wiki, but this term is too short.
Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I tried with the 4SEF license of one of my clients and it works, but as I'll only need to simplify this URL, not the others which correspond to extranet pages used by the administrator to manage stays, using 4SEF seems a bit cumbersome.

I found how to do: instead of a menu link to the Fabrik form, I tried a Fabrik form module using that form "16" and an article menu link to display them. It's perfect!

Last edited:
Sorry, I know this is marked as solved, but is there a way to solve this without a 3rd part extension or Robert's 'module in an article' workaround? I too am experiencing the "list/ID" and "form/ID" appended to the menu item alias.

My settings:

Search Engine Friendly URLs: Yes
Use URL Rewriting: Use URL Rewriting
HTACCESS name: .htaccess

Thanks!

J! 4.3.3
Fabrik Delta

Last edited:
Hi,

The only way I found was a menu link displaying an article embedding the form, so the SEF address uses the alias of the menu link.

Sorry to bump up an older thread, wanted to see I could check if others had any luck removing the "ID" off the URLs as mentioned above, or if by chance that isn't a current option and one potentially in the works for the next version? Thanks!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back