Showing detailed record after submit for print

Hi,

i'm searching for a solution for this:

- a user enters data in a form (based on a specific template)
- on submit, the data is stored in the database
- after that, he should have the posibility to print the form with the data entered before

Is it possible to show the detailed view of the last record after the form is submitted? Maybe i can use the jump-to-URL field in the form-setup, but how can i transmit the internal_id from a form, that isn't stored in the database until it's send.

hoping you understand me :)

Best regards,
Daniel

hi Daniel

I moved your thread to the fabrik 1.0.x subscriber support board, we just changed the forum boards around yesterday and you posted in the fabrik 2.0.x subscriber support board.

Your idea of the jump url should work, something like:

index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=viewTableRowDetails&tableid=1&fabrik=2&rowid={rowid}

where 1 is the table's id
2 is the form id
and {rowid} is replaced with the submitted records' id

Cheers
Rob

the {rowid} is a placeholder and will be replaced with the numerical value of the row's id
the jump page is parsed through a script to look for these placeholders once the form has been submitted so that data is available

strange thing. when i use the link above, the form is empty and only the eval fields were shown (actual date). all the other fields were empty. if i add "&random=1", then a random row is displayed correctly. When i try "&random=0" same bug as below. My link is:

index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=viewTableRowDetails&fabrik=7&rowid={rowid}&tableid=5

and the link who is working but not showing the right row:

index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=viewTableRowDetails&fabrik=7&rowid={rowid}&tableid=5&random=1

i use custom templates ... but if it works with random, there couldn't be a bug, right?

Best regards,
Dan

I can't duplicate this one. With a jump URL of:

index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=viewTableRowDetails&tableid=17&fabrik=13&rowid={rowid}

... it correctly shows the read-only view of the just submitted record. Works when either editing or submitting a new form.

-- hugh

ok, it works now ... i've added "&usekey=fabrik_internal_id". Now my link looks like this:
index.php?option=com_fabrik&task=viewTableRowDetai ls&tableid=17&fabrik=13&usekey=fabrik_internal_id&rowid={rowid}

Hmmm, very puzzling. I don't understand why it would need usekey, as the only thing that would ever change what key it uses would be going through a J! menu item where you have usekey specified.

But if it's working ...

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back