show field in list depending on other field

jborgman

Hi,
I allready have a a list of club members on my site using Fabrik.
Now, some members want there email-adress shown (now the email field is not enabled in list).
I have made a new Yes/No element: 'ShowEmailAdress', default to No.
But how do I go about to show the email adress in the list (and Form) when this Yes/No field is set to Yes?
Any help is appreciated.

This wasn't immediately straight forward as there are a couple of extra considerations that wasn't necessary in the past.

It's only a couple of things to do but I think it's worthy of a quick write up. This is to explain not simply how to do it but why we do it that way.

I'll post back when done.

Hi - would what you are going to "write up" do the same thing for me?

I want a Yes/No field to be completed in the admin form but I then want it to display an image (eg Yes ="tested.png" or No="not-tested.png") in the list and detail view.

Thanks in advance

Okay, sorry for the delay on this one. I started having a bad time with JCE, Bootstrap and Joomla captions!!

Here is the link. http://fabriking.com/calculation-element/33-displaying-an-element-based-on-a-condition-part-1

It still needs some tweaks but I would appreciate if you could let me know it is at least understandable. I try to detail everything on the basis that somebody may be new to Fabrik or programming. The main part for yourself is towards the bottom of the document although the document explains as to why we do it this way.

If everything is clear I'll post just the essentials here so we are covered both sides. :)

puzzled

Have a read through the document to see if it helps. Strangely enough there is a very similar example, (the first one), so you would only need to change two lines to return the image you need. However create a new post if anything is unclear and then point to this post as a reference.

Hi, I read the manual, seems clear to me allthough I did not actually perform the steps. I will do this later.
One thing however, I think you have a mistake in the table that shows the first example. You describe that you are hiding DummyABC, but in the result you are hiding Dummy123.

Good spot, it was the text that was wrong as the table & code were correct ;) Thanks for pointing that out.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back