Seconf form(list)

SebasJ

Hello to everyone.
I just started to use Fabrik 3.1 on a Joomla 3 website. I learned a lot watching some videos, and reading along, with posts. But I have found a bug I think.

When I create a second Form, and create a menu link to publish that to the front end. The URL of this form is always /details/2 which is surely not what I selected.

No matter what I try I can not have my second form published on the right url, which should be something like: joomla3/index.php/signup/ where signup is my test form.

Does any one know what to do?

Thanks in advance.

PS: It seems that when a new form is created, and accessed in the backend by clicking on "View data" is missing the "Add, Group by, CSV and Empty" links.

Is there somethingI am missing or is there a bug ?

First of all update from GitHub (joomla3 branch).
This is necessary if you are running J!3.2.3 (and should fix the Add/Group by... issue).

I can't see any problem creating menu items to forms or details. The URL is depending on your SEF settings (Joomla on/off, 3rd party...)

The url mismatch, only occurs when I add another form. Al forms created are added as a menu item by selecting fabrik/form options, not Form/details.

I Will update from Github, and report back, when done.

So, I did a GitHub update. The "Add, Group by, CSV and" and url issues are gone, but now I get a "Sorry this form is not published"message, not sure why that would be. My new TestForm has one field (text) and is published.

It seems like the message "Sorry this form is not published " is seen in many a Forum. But there is almost never an answer to the problem. Does anyone have this same problem, and if so, what did you do about it. ?

There is a page with solutions but this is not completed:
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/error-messages-and-possible-solutions/

I very much would like to build with Fabrik, but so far, I keep running into minor and major problems.

So, please anyone?

( I did update from GitHub, yesterday )

I have crawled thru the code, and found that forcing the form to be published gives me an empty form ?
Also when creating a yet again a new form, results in no error at all... , although the exsisting one still shows the error.
One thing to note, is that after submitting data from thsi new form, I get redirected to the wrong page, namely the previous form.., it states my data has been saved, and then shows "Sorry this form is not published" (because it tries to display my former form)

After submitting a form you are redirected to where you are coming from (as long as you don't add a redirect plugin to your form).
Not sure what you mean with "creating a new form": a new fabrik form/list or or calling your form to create a new record in your list (-> database table).

Is your form really published?
This means in form setting set to "published" (not creating a menu item calling this form)?
Are you using the standard Joomla SEF URLs or do you have any 3rd party SEF component with may mix up Fabrik URLs?

I have a clean Joomla installation without any additional settings. After submitting it looks like the redirect is random to me. Most of the time I get redirected back to where I came from, sometimes I get redirected to some random page.

My form is published, I even went so far as to track the code -> view.base -> model -> table -> database tables to see if published was set to 1 (it is)

With new form, I mean new List, Added Elements and published it thru a new Menu Item

(Every test I did , the same way)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back