Search Form with data Range

montagne

Hy,
I've a list with many join tables, and I want to prepare a Search Form with a data Range Search...
Ex.

Date From: ........

Data To:.....

<Search>

I searched the forum but found nothing of the kind. How could I do? Thanks

For the date field select "Range" as filter type and/or enable advanced search for the list.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply. but I don't understand one thing: You are referring to the filters already present in the list ("advanced search"). If so it would be fine, as I have already done so. But I need to create a form and insert the 'orderdate' field and be able to search with a range ....
I hope I have explained ...

When you open your "orderdate" element's settings, you can go to "List view settings -> Filters" and choose "Range" for the "Filter type". Now you should have a range filter for your "orderdate" element in list or column header depending on your list filter settings, so you can filter the list by selecting start and end date.

And in "Advanced filter" you can also choose e.g. "Where orderdate element greater than somedate" and "Where orderdate element less than somedate".

This is an alternative way to do it in your link. With that method you create a separate form just for selecting the start and enddate and when the form is submitted, selected dates are applied to your list as filters.

So you can choose the way which best suits your needs.

Ah, ok I understand .... I, on the other hand, thought that using a form created by me the list is loaded with only the records that respond to the set parameters ... If instead it is a filter then you are right ...
Another reason why I would have preferred the form to the advanced search is that so I could use labels for the fields, in the advanced search the fields of the DB table are listed and this could be confusing.

ops ... my mistake: setting a label this is also displayed in the advanced search. Forget it...
Solved...
Thanks juuser

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back