Repeated group and ajax upload does not work

elmarra

Hello everybody.
I have a list with a repeating group and in one of the fields I have an upload field.
The group consists of the following fields.
Merchant
Date
amount
Attach (fileupload)
The user will fill in the table with the data of: merchant. date, amount and attach the file (photo of the receipt).
The problem is on the fileupload with active ajax setting. Because once you have filled in the table and uploaded the first photo, clicking on the repeat group button in the file upload element copies the previous image and clicking on "add file" nothing happens.
you are unable to upload a new photo and therefore the fileupload item does not work.
If I disable the ajax upload it works perfectly.
But I preferred ajax loading for this specific problem.
Let's suppose that the user filling in the table inserts 15 records and then 15 photos attached with the ajax upload this happens instantly so in the meantime that the user fills in the table these photos are uploaded, while if the ajax upload is disabled this happens only when you click on save or apply and since the 15 photos may be "heavy" it will take a long time to save and possibly return an error.
Do you have any suggestions you can give me?
If ajax worked it was perfect

Attachments

• upload group.png
    upload group.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 21
Yes the element as mentioned above is in a repeating group.
So it doesn't work as also read the note from the wiki.
Do you have any advice you can give me?
An alternative solution?
As uploading 10/15 files along with submitting the form takes a long time. and this certainly creates a problem for me.

Maybe the team working on "Fabrik 4" (for J!4) can and will take a look at it. They are reading this forum as well and, I'm sure, if there's a solution for it, they'll make it work.

However, this particular thing might not have the highest priority (sooo much else "more core" stuff to do), and/or it may only become available in Fabrik 4... unless it's really simple to add it to v3 as well.

So, you may be in for a wait. No, no one can tell "when" or, at this point, even only "if at all", sorry.

An alternative solution?
None that I can think of, other than the obvious ones:
- Non-Ajax (not very practical for so many files, of course)
- Outside repeat group (depending on details, perhaps use PHP form plugin to "distribute" files to where they belong)

yes I know that fabrik4 is much more important than this problem of mine and I am grateful to those who are working hard to make it work.

And I also thank you for your valuable contribution.
Could you better explain to me what you mean by the last part of the outsider group and the php plugin In order to orient myself on that path Thank you

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back