ReCaptcha never validates

JackGoa

Hi. I've got the ReCaptcha plugin in a registration form. No matter how many times I enter the correct words, it simply never validates.

Latest github.

I've got the Site Key and Secret Key from Google, yes.

Is there some kind of other trick involved?

The standard captcha does not seem to do anything to block bots.

Use Nocaptcha. Recaptcha is being phased out, Google will be dropping it some time soon anyway.

-- hugh

Hi @troester , I just updated from Github and still same problem.

Use Nocaptcha. Recaptcha is being phased out, Google will be dropping it some time soon anyway.

-- hugh

@cheesegrits if I switch to NoCaptcha, nothing displays.

Link to the page? Set it to nocaptcha. I'll take a look. If nothing is displaying, it's probably a JS problem on your page.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Ah, just assigned Protostar to that page and it loads. Any idea what might be causing it not to load with the site template?

Tested it, and it still does not pass validation though.

When I look at the source with Protostar and the source with the Helix3 template I'm using, I see it literally does not load the captcha code at all? Is it some kind of conflict that will cause this?

Hey guys. I'm still stuck with this validation issue. As mentioned above, when I use the Protostar template, I can get the NoCaptcha to show, not sure why my template strips it out, but even with it showing, it still does not validate.

Ok I tested this. I'm not really sure how to read the response I get. When I try with the site template, I can see there is info about the captcha, but not sure if anything is missing. When I switch on Protostar and try to get the form to validate, I also don't see anything that looks like an error? There is a ga-reponse thingy, but it just gives a very long random code?

*I noticed I'm still a Standard subscriber and did not want to take advantage of that? :/

I notice also, with Protostar enabled, the bit about Fabrik's js right at the end seems much longer than with the site's default template. Is this not a Mootools conflict perhaps with something in my template?

I updated from Github just now in case I missed any of those updates from the thread you linked to, but validation still fails and still won't display in the site template.

noCaptcha is working on my site with Protostar and with Purity_iii (Bootstrap3 template).

If there's a problem even with Protostar it may be not your template but some other plugin/component.

I can't find anything. There's not much plugged in to the site. Any ideas what kind of thing I should be looking for?

Can you enabled Joomla and Fabrik debug. That should provide some more feedback - the actual error coming back form Google on the validation.

-- hugh

With the Protostar template I just get an empty array under Errors and on the site template, I get a ga-response = empty.

Damn. I'm stumped? I've got the two debugs switched on now with protostar assigned to the page, any chance I can convince you to take a peak? Maybe whatever is preventing it from validating is also preventing it from showing with my Helix3 template?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back