Rating will be enabled once the form has been saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabrikg09

I am in the process of writing some new forms for a Joomla! 3.4 site. I downloaded and successfully installed the Ratings plugin, but it doesn't behave like the Joomla! 2.5 version.

I added an Element, Ratings type. But when I look at the form, I receive the message (in place of the ratings stars...), "Rating will be enabled once the form has been saved."

OK, I saved the form and reloaded the page, same result. It's just a simple Rating field for a user to fill out, Rating mode is user rating - as part of a small survey I designed in Fabrik.

I'm afraid I don't understand what's going on here.

I can't remember how the Ratings used to perform on 2.5. I have an old version of my demo server somewhere so I will check this.

The very fact that the message "Rating will be enabled once the form has been saved." is prompted suggests that this is intentional. I believe a rating would be on a entry that already has some content, i.e in detail \ list view.

Have you looked at the Slider element? http://fabriking.com/elements/slider/slider-form-detail-view

Or do you want something specifically with a star rating?

Well ratings can't be done until the form they are on has been created, as the ratings table has to have an FK pointing at the table and rowid they are related to. Remember that ratings are done via AJAX as you select the rating, not during form submission, as they have to work in detail and list view as well as form view. So until the form has been saved, there is no rowid, so there's no way of associating the rating with the row.

I tested here, and they work fine for me once the forma has been saved, when editing an existing form.

-- hugh

Hmm. I figured that was the case, but saving the Form in question made no difference. As I mentioned, I think the Slider plugin might be an even better choice.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back