radiobutton element bug in backend

iztokz

While trying to add data via form in backend, if I use radioelement with predefined values to choose from I can't add values.

Issue is that I don't see radio button option displayed. For a brief moment I see radio button load (if trying ajax option in list setting) only to disappear so basically I then see only a form without radio button options and a save button.

If I don't change anything but switch to dropdown element adding values via backend form works fine as long as I don't have ajax option turned on in list setting.

I was using latest github repo from 30.8.2011.

PS. If needed I can describe in more detail. I don't get any errors reported, except while in list edit view I see
Notice: Undefined variable: gdversion in /var/www/vhosts/xxx/httpdocs/components/com_fabrik/helpers/image.php on line 72
but that error isn't related to radio button issue I

hi can you post a screen shot of your radio button settings please?

thanks
Rob

I've fixed the notice, although that probably means that you don't have the GD image library installed for your version of PHP, so you will encounter issues using the image upload element.

Here is a screenshot, all other settings are default.
http://awesomescreenshot.com/0a4jj2p58

I would add that I am trying to replicate what I already have working in J1.5, so basically I am doing copy/paste and when I encounter an issue I am reporting it. Fabrik really is a great app and if I can help with testing I am glad to report what I find.

your radio buttons sub elements should have values and labels assigned to them, that might be the issue. There should have been some error checking on that, but it was not working (I've now fixed that)
Otherwise I'm still not convinced I follow what the issue is (sorry!)
Are you saying when you go to lists->view data. The press 'add' on the form there the radio buttons aren't shown.

Or do you mean that when you edit the radio button in the admin the 'Add' button doesn't work?

thanks
Rob

Yes the buttons aren't shown when I go to list>view data and try to add value.

Regarding values assigned, my bad ...I did the wrong screenshot, the values were assigned originally (that is why I didn't get any error I goes) it's just missing in screenshot as I made a quick switch from drop down element to radio button element.

I see you submitted some changes to repository, will check again.

I just realized that when I was using awsamescreenshot id didn't pick up values in those fields, so I re-uploaded images via little snapper and everything is as it should be now.

Hope you understand the issue now?

I don't seem to be able to duplicate this. Created a radio button, added a few options, and it shows OK on the form (although the CSS needs tweaking to put some space between the options).

Can you point us at your front end page?

-- hugh

Really weird issue then, I will try to start from scratch and test again on a new form if I replicate the issue again I will PM you info for access. At this time it still not a public project, so I can't post it here.

well I tried again, same results ...really weird and like I said I didn't have this issue in J1.5 site + for drop down element all is ok.

Access info sent to @cheesegrits via PM.

Well somehow I didn't remember to test this issue in FF, only did in Safari and it turns out that it's a Safari issue because in FF this is a non issue. I did use latest repo from github, updated today a few min ago.

aha! ok I can replicate in chrome, and that should now be fixed @github

thanks for taking the time to narrow down what it was that caused the issue

-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back