Problem with your exercices on Fabrik 2.0a

Status
Not open for further replies.

braga

I'm new with Fabrik. I became with version 2.0a install on Joomla Version 1.0.13 Stable [ Sunglow ]
PHP built On: Linux alex-laptop 2.6.20-16-generic #2 SMP Fri Aug 31 00:55:27 UTC 2007 i686
Versione database: 5.0.38-Ubuntu_0ubuntu1-log
Versione PHP: 5.2.1
Web Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.2.1
WebServer to PHP interface: apache2handler
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; it-IT; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 SeaMonkey/1.1.4

I begun with the examples video on line about \'Contact Us\' Form, much simple and clear, Thanks a lot.
I made them 3/4 times without to catch up my goal!

Every time the same error
Fatal error: Call to undefined method fabrikTextarea::userEditor() in /var/www/joomla/components/com_fabrik/fabrik.html.php on line 1844

Sorry this form is unpublished

After a meticulous controls I have tried to change the version with PATCH fabrik 1.0.4 Beta - 23-08-2007 hot!
With my surprise at the first time everything was ok and wonderful... ;D but also stranger may be is a Bug of Fabrik 2.0a or may be there's to change the system to do a form in this version?
Please tell me about the problem.
I hope to see more video tutorial, to know better also other application more complex with fabrik, thanks a lot.
have a good work

PS other mistake is when i post this message to you, after a long time I receive one window to say me to save a file index.php on my disk (?) and after this after this nothing happen , and it's very hard send you the message!!!! ???
The only way to do so is to push "Preview button" and after the "Save button", without this it's a problem!

The 2.0a code is still alpha, its changing constantly, and is significantly different to 1.0x in many respects. It is not for use on live sites, and is really only available for download as something to play around with on a test server for fun.

The 1.0x tutorials very probably won't work as described in 2.0a.

Stick to 1.04. Preferably the SVN version, as thats the one being actively bug fixed and improved.

-- hugh

NEW HELP Re: Problem with your exercices on Fabrik 2.0a

thanks I'd supposed this and I installed the version com_fabrik_1.0.4-23-08-2007.zip and after the upgrade fabrik1.0.4_upgrade_from_1.0.x-23-08-2007.zip.

Everything was perfect I made same example all fine.
I have tried to connect a database from mysql, it's not the first time but this time I failed to insert the name of my database on where I like to work and Fabrik took "mysql" and it has inserted this like first connection. I have tried to eliminate this connection but this is the answer:

You can not delete the first connection

I Canceled the installation of Fabrik in Joomla and I tried to reinstall it after, with the first file "com_fabrik_1.0.4-23-08-2007.zip" it's ok, but for the second upgrading I have a problem with fabrik1.0.4_upgrade_from_1.0.x-23-08-2007.zip the answer of Fabrik is
Un altro componente sta utilizzando la cartella: "/var/www/joomla/components/com_fabrik/" =other component's using the directory "/var/www/joomla/components/com_fabrik/" I soupose it is Mysql ... what can I do?
Thanks so much for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back