Problem Report: List php_events plugin misbehaviour

When using the List php_events plugin for the event 'onDeleteRow', I have found that the other events are also triggered, including 'onPreloadData' and 'OnLoadData'.

In fact, the sequence I have found is as follows, when I use a php script in 'OnDeleteRow':

OnLoadData (or onPreloadData)
OnLoadData (or onPreloadData)
OnDeleteRows
OnLoadData (or onPreloadData).

This is a pain if I have unique PHP script in either onLoadData, or onPreLoadData.

What should be happening is that if there is a PHP script in onDeleteRows, only that event and script should be triggered. At the moment, the script under 'onLoadData' is also being triggered when 'onDeleteRows' is triggered.

Using Joomla 3.2.0, Fabrik 3.1 release.

Any comments on this issue will be really appreciated!

Alastair

Having seen no response from someone 'in the know' (i.e. troester, hugh, rob), I did some exploring using a debugger. I narrowed my investigation down to the list.php file and the public function deleteRows.

It seems that in this public function there are multiple invocations of the plugin manager - which would account for the triggering of other, but related events, indicated in my post above.

It does not solve my application problem, but does help to understand the limitations in using the php_events plugin.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back