Pictures in Detail view

toschi

Hello, I'm a absolute (fabrik an joomla) newbie and hope anyone can help me. I created an site and want to setup a list auf Articels. In the detail view the pictures are shown in a table like:

picture1

picture2

picture3

How can I create a detail view where the pics are shown in a row, like:

Picture1 picture2 picture3

thanx for help and sorry for my english

The quickest way if you don't want to start creating custom templates.

Put your image element in a new group, (I'm assuming you have an image element).

In the new group settings go to layout and change 'columns' from 1 to 3.

o_O I tried this, but it dosent work for me? I added a new gruop Pictures and created a Element "Fileupload". In this group I changed in layout and 'columns' from 1 to 3. But in the detail view is the same format like

picture1

picture2

picture3

Yes you are correct, sorry about that. I thought we applied that setting on AJAX uploads for some reason.

Will you always have 3 pictures or could it be random but you always want groups of 3?

First of all, thank you for your quick answering. I dont know how much pictures it will be in the Articel. 3 was only for example

You may add custom CSS to your details fabrik template (file custom_css.php), e.g.
#$form .plg-fileupload li {float:left;
list-style:none;
}

Ok, but I dont know how to do this. Where can I find the file custom_css.php. Can I copy the code of your thread an then it should work, or is it not so easy?!:(

Very nice Troester, I was looking into this one too deeply.

You will find the file you need here:-

/components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/bootstrap

You need to rename custom_css_example.php to custom_css.php first and YES you can just copy and past the code into this file.

If you are doing many different forms then you may wish to make a copy of the template folder first, i.e

copy /components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/bootstrap to /components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/mycustomtemplate

However if you are only doing one you don't really need to rename it as the file should not get overwritten.

Hello and good mornig, thanx for your help. I found the file, renamend it, put the code in the file saved it but its allready the same :confused:. Perhaps the code is at the wrong place in the file.

Attachments

• custom_css.zip
    1 KB · Views: 112
It seems your custom_css_example.php is an old version.
Code:
header('Content-type: text/css');
$c = (int) $_REQUEST['c'];
$view = isset($_REQUEST['view']) ? $_REQUEST['view'] : 'form';
$rowid = isset($_REQUEST['rowid']) ? $_REQUEST['rowid'] : '';
$form = $view . '_' . $c;
if ($rowid !== '')
{
    $form .= '_' . $rowid;
}
echo "

:) Hi troester, great job. In your proile I can see you're from Switzerland. Das erleichtert mir einiges zumindest von der Wortwahl. Tolle Tipps, super klasse!!!

Vielen Dank nun kanns weitergehen.

Also thanx 2 felixcat!!!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back