multiple websites on same server - fabrik problems

TroubleAllWays

My fabrik website was copied several times (4x) on the same server. All use localhost mySQL database with different joomla prefixes and - sure different IPs.
Joomla works fine, but all fabrik entries are stored in the same mysql database, irrespective from the prefix.
From http://fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21690&highlight=websites I have understand, that I have to change the prefixes of my self-created tables.
But how can I do this without losing all the databes joining?
In the post mentioned above, it is said: "Open and saving the connection should fix the problem." -> what daes this mean? How do I perform this?

Many thanks for any suggestion!
Thomas

For each website, you have to go in Component > Fabrik > Connexion and enter the appropriate data (I assume that each site has its own database).

Did not work...

I changed the date, but still no effect.
Maybe there is another workaround?
I just tel you, what I want to do:

I have a complete website with many fabric tables, which is now the intranet-page of a group.
Now I need a copy of this site with a different IP and different people on the same server.

In the future, data will differ in those two sites and user of site A do not have access to site B. With standard joomla this works fine, since the have different prefixes (I have changed with qtablprefix).
But the fabrik tables have the same name in site A and B. If I change the names of the tables in mySQL, all SQL commands within fabrik get lost. Within fabrik I cannot modifiy the link between a fabrik list and the mysql table or rename the sql table.
So is there any way to run two independent webs with fabrikar on the same server? Or to rename the mysql tables (e.g. add a prefix) without messing up all list connections and SQL commands in fabrik?

Any help would be great

Thomas

OK :

1. You have your original site "A" with its database "a"
  2. Your site "B" is a copy of all the files of the site "A" and it has its own database "b", copy of "a"
  3. This site "B" is installed on the same server, but with another domain name (I guess that is what you mean by a different IP)
  4. Make sure that in the configuration.php file of your site B your settings are correct, especially that you are connecting to database "b"
  5. Test the Joomla part of both sites "A" and "B" to make sure they are functionning as they should, that is independently one from the other
  6. In the site "A", check in Components > Fabrik > Connections that you have at least one default connection enabled and that connection has the matching username/name/password for the database "a"
  7. In the site "B", check in Components > Fabrik > Connections that you have at least one default connection enabled and that connection has the matching username/name/password for the database "b"
If all that is correct, your two sites should run fabrik independtly from one other.

SOLVED - ashamed but happy

Thank you very much, jfquestiaux!
Your first explanation was already more than sufficient. Only problem was my brain failure!
So for all people, who not to see the wood for the trees as well, here my additional tip:

After adding the new connection you should activate it.... (I am really ashamed, believe me)

Now everything is perfect, saved my day.

now really SOLVED!!! - FIX included

Despite my previous post, the good solution of jfquestiaux does not cover it all. If you do so, lists in the new website will loose their connection to database.

SYNTOME: in fabrik->edit list -> right window -> link field (above link to table) is empty!

CAUSE: the list links are not updated to the new connection ID, when changing the connection

FIX:
1. open database in phpmyadmin and find prefix_fabrik_connections.
2. delete all old, unpublished connections (column "published": -2)
3. edit your most recent established connection (usually (column "published: 1 and it should be the entrys with the highest value in ID column).
4. Change the ID field to 1
5. save, close and be happy.

This shouldn't be necessary.
In each of your copied Joomla sites there should be the fabrik default connection "site database" with ID 1 (as it is in site A).

So on site B you must not delete this connection and add a new one (with ID whatever) but edit the "site database" (ID1) and set the right parameters pointing to your Joomla database of this site B.

In your case, if connection with ID1 is already deleted, your FIX is ok.

Unfortunatelly, it is - addon to my fix proposal

I tried a pretty long time, and since I have changed the ID manually, everything works fine.

But there is one additional change you have to do, when working with multiple fabrik-containing webs:
in phpmyadmin->fabrik_connections go to the field at the bottom (default:) and enter the same ID number as in ID. Otherwise you cannot create new lists.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back