List population query including entire keylist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the message thrown to the browser shows the query in the post above preceded by "getData:MySQL server has gone away"

Update: I moved the site to a new hosting company and it works and is faster. The key differences that I observe:

Failing system Working System
PHP 5.4 PHP 5.3
MySQL 5.2 MySQL 5.5
6GB RAM dedicated (vps) 8GB RAM Shared

I had been working to explore moving the site to a VPS dedicated host but, honestly, the inexpensive shared server on A2hosting outperforms the Scalable Cloud Server with Lunarpages and my large benchmark which was failing in the thread above functions normally on the shared server.

I spoke with the hosting company about the size of this database and potential memory use and they were not off-put so I think my solution, for now is to simply move the site away from the VPS and onto a new hosting company's shared server which is faster and far less costly.

Just documenting my findings here in case others run into similar error.

Also, I am still quite curious as to why fabrik, in the getData method builds the query with all of the keys of the file hard-coded into a IN clause. It would give me some peace of mind to get a reply on that one. See the getData error as described above and in the referenced thread.

Thank you,

Bruce Decker

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back