list plugin update column: error update date/time

Status
Not open for further replies.

relsig

Hello

I'm using the list plugin column update. This works fine. There is one feature which seems to me, that there is an error. ("Datum aktualisieren" below)

update column settings.JPG

When a user runs the plugin there is the possibiliy to write a date into the database, so that it is clear when the user used the plugin.

I created a date element with the following settings
settings date field.JPG
Looking at the database I see the following
result.JPG

As you can see on the right. The task was closed before it was openend (left open, right close). The time in "Datum abgeschlossen" seems to me to use the UTC time and not the time selected in the date element. I can't use the UTC because then I'm always one hour behind, that's why I'm using local time.

You should really use UTC in this case, I assume the updatecol date doesn't support local time.
What do you mean with "I can't use the UTC because then I'm always one hour behind"? You'll see always your local time, it's only stored as UTC in the database. You have to set the correct time zone in your Joomla configuration: GlobalConfiguration/Server/Server Time Zone = Zurich

Thanks for your quick answers.

I was playing around with the time settings inside Joomla on my computer the other day. The time zone in Joomla is set to Zurich. I had everything from Zurich minus 1 hour to Zurich minus 2 hours but never the correct time.
Just now I checked on my test system and also the life system with my iPad setting all date elements to UTC and the times are correct. I don't know why but it seems to work with UTC now.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back