list*menu*not*resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.

IamJim

/* Issue = When clicking on a Fabrik List Menu Item , List does not default back to Page 1 or first page */

Resolution is in Post 6 & 7

1) I searched using = list menu not resetting gave me results of:

list, menu, -resetting

2) I searched With title, = list*menu*not*resetting

Sorry, 20 pages and I don't have time to read them (all)

3) I searched
list+menu+not+resetting

One page, not the issue

4) OK,

IF > you select A page or end etc..

THEN > Click on menu ,aka Start Over> , it should go to to top of list aka "Start Button" at bottom of page.

All it does now when hitting the Menu Item again is "refresh"..

Thanks !!

Hi,
for searching see this good old hint of felixkat (much better than the forum search)
fabrikar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16334

But what is your issue?

Thank you very much for the link...it is now bookmarked.

1) A Menu item for a list is on main menu.

2) Clicking on the Menu Item = LIST = opens

3) Default is what? 10 records...etc 1-10

3) GoTo Page 2 or END (works fine)

4) Click on Menu Item = LIST again..

5) It should "in the real world" default back to Record 1-10 but all it does is refresh the page you are at present.

Jim

I think the number of records is cached somewhere, so it's up to the user.

To reset the list to record1 when clicking the menu item set "reset filters" = yes in menu options.

Thank you, and correct on the caching... but?? Where?

To reset the list to record1 when clicking the menu item set "reset filters" = yes in menu options.

a) I am in Lists > Filters and I see nothing "reset filters"

b) I see nothing in anything on left pane or right pane to "reset filters".. Am I missing something?

c) I personally think this is a norm in the world, that a 'reset" and default back to square one...should be set?

Thanks again,

Jim

Not in list settings,
it's in the menu item "Options".

I normally set this option to yes, but I think it depends (as always): maybe the user prefers returning to exactly where he has been and resetting the list manually.

Not in list settings,
it's in the menu item "Options".

I normally set this option to yes, but I think it depends (as always): maybe the user prefers returning to exactly where he has been and resetting the list manually.

In Joomla > Menu > Select the one > Then > Options and now is set to Reset Filters

On a side note? That is the first time in my life I have had to do this...and I've tossed in a few php scripts into Joomla before and they all "reset" to startOfScript.

Now, a CTRL & F5 would reload "exact page" but, a menu item should return to beginning...IMO..

And for a "real world example" pretty much every shopping cart (aka list view" I have run across in my life...once the "menu item" is selected, bingo > Back @ "Square 1"

It seems like a wasted step actually and easy to over look...let alone any "JoomlaCowboy" know of this...lol

But thanks, as it did "close this issue"
Jim

a menu item should return to beginning...IMO..
It does when you set the option, that's why they are called options it gives people the option! ;)

Two replies with the solution and the problem resolved nearly within the hour, maybe it was me that took the wasted step! :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back