List Configuration

barraclm

I have some questions and am also having some issues.

FABRIK: Edit List
Details​
Advanced search In the front end I get an extra icon (binoculars) but when I click on it I get the same result as clicking on the Groups icon. In the back end I get an advanced search dialogue box

Ajaxify yes/no <= what does this mean
Ajaxify Links yes/no <= what does this mean
Filters​
Filter Data default/show list data/show all <= what does this mean
Navigation​
Rows per page doesn't seem to have any effect, even after clearing both Joomla page cache and local cache
Show navigation doesn't show any result in the default and bluesky templates. Does work in admin and dbjoinselect templates. However, both of these cannot be used as the colum display goes outside the page
Michael Barraclough

Advanced search - what template are you using? I can't replicate the 'same behavior as group by' thing.

Ajaxify - the tooltips should explain those. Ajaxifying the navigation means that navigating / filtering happens via AJAX rather than page reloading. Ajaxifying view/edit links means that opening one of the rows in a form or details view happens in a popup window via AJAX, rather than with a page reload.

Filter Data - this controls what we show in dropdown filters for element types like joins, dropdowns, etc. If "show all", then we'll include all possible options (so for a join element, we'll show all the joined tables rows). If "show list data", we'll ONLY show values which are actually used in the list data. the reason we offer that option is, the latter (only showing data actually used in your list) can be a big performance hit, if you have a large list.

Rows per page is stored as a cookie, if I recall correctly. So yeah, it can be difficult to pursuade your browser to pick up the new default value.

Navigation works fine for me in both those templates (and everyone else, otherwise we'd be getting flooded with bug reports about it).

Are you sure you are running a recent build, like 3.0.5.2? And preferably with the latest github uploaded over that.

-- hugh

Thank you for the clarification on the various items where I had asked for more information. I do not know how I missed the tool tips (they are there), but somehow I did. Hopefully knowing about tool tips will reduce the number of future queries.

I am running Joomla 2.5.4 with Fabrik 3.0.5.2. My ISP is Hostgator which I believe has more Joomla sites than any other ISP.

My template is Cloudbase 2.0 (http://www.cloudaccess.net/cloudbase2-details.html). It uses the Gantry framework. I have not had problems with any other extension using this template.

My site is at www.michaelbarraclough.com. You can see the lack of navigation by logging in as user test1 with password test1. This will add an entry at the bottom of the Personal Stuff menu (right hand side) which will show the problem. There are now two entries there. If you use the Cloudbase template you don't get the navigation and you get the same result for the Advanced Search button as you get for the Group Button.. If you use the Beaz5 template you get the Navigation but when click on the Advanced Search button the dialogue box starts to open and then you get an empty white screen.

Michael Barraclough

I can't see a lack of navigation and I can select rows per page without problem.

Anyway it's a very strage template, I can't even rightclick to open firebug.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back