List Collapse/Expand

hvyhttr

My list is grouped by Last Name. The grouping is working well. I am able to collapse a group, but for some reason I am not able to expand it. Any ideas as to why this might be happening? Thanks

Same experience, Group By collapses but not expands

Specifically I'm using {fabrik view=list id=1} embedded in an Article. Group By's initially appear expanded, and when I click to collapse a group it works, but I find that if I then click to expand it again, it does NOT expand.

Note that this is a new installation, and I only have a single record in each of two groups, if this may have an impact on recreating it. It worked fine before I updated to 3.0.6, and then 3.0.6.1 tonight.

Thanks.

Also, after clicking and unsuccessfully expanding a collapsed group (the arrow pointing down but no records listed), clicking again does not change it back to collapsed appearance - the arrow continues to point down instead of to the right as it would if collapsed.

Regarding the arrow, maybe it never changed directions before this problem? I had a memory of it pointing to the right for a collapsed group, but I can't easily go back to 3.0.5.x to confirm.

OK, I've confirmed this behavior. It also happens with a normal component link, not just using the plugin.

I'm raising a ticket for Rob to look at this one, as he can usually fix JS issues a lot quicker than I can.

-- hugh

Hugh, Rob,

I just installed the 4 revised files on my site, and my quick initial testing found that the issue is resolved for me. :)

I decided not to do a full github update after reading about how to do that. I instead copied the four files from github and overwrote those 3.0.6.1 files on my site.

hvyhttr - I got the new files by:

1) clicking the ticket link in cheesegrits' posting
2) on that github page I clicked the Issue# link in pollen8's fix message
3) on that github page showing the file edits I used the View File button to see the source code for one file at a time
4) for each file I clicked the button for Raw view and used the browser "Save As" to save that source code to the proper file name locally
5) ftp'd the new files to my site to overwrite the existing files, being careful to match up the correct folders and file names as shown on github.

Followup: collapsed group view does not show group name

Rob, Hugh,

I'm curious why when a group is collapsed, the group name is not visible, such that users cannot see what the collapsed group is.

This means if there are multiple collapsed group, the user would have to expand each one to find the group they want to see.

Let me know if I need to add this to the enhancement request list.

---Peter

The way you updated from github isn't the right way. You can't cherry pick certain files from one commit, as each commit may have dependencies on previous commits. This can lead to subtle and nasty problems. Which is bad for you (!) and also bad for us, if your site starts exhibiting issues nobody else is seeing, because of your particular mix of files, and we don't know what's been updated and what hasn't.

Whenever you do a github update, you MUST update ALL files. Easiest way is just to grab the ZIP from:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/zipball/master

... unzip it, and copy the content of the inner, numbered, folder up to your server, making sure you overwrite all existing files. Yes, this takes a little extra time (especially now we have the DOMPDF library, which adds a lot of files), but if you use something like FileZilla, is just a few mouse clicks.

-- hugh

Okay, thanks for pointing that out Hugh! I certainly understand that concern and will heed your guidance going forward to avoid putting our site at risk.

NOT saying I was right to do it this way in this situation, I had reviewed the code changes and they appeared localized to these four files, so I decided to use the limited method I did rather than installing an entire github update that has not passed the level of testing I assume is done before being called an official release. I needed this specific fix now, and I have not seen any schedule for when the next release (with this fix) would be made available, so I knowingly took the risk. However, I certainly should not have suggested that hvyhttr consider doing what I did!

Of course when I made the judgement that "the code changes appeared localized" I was working from zero knowledge of the general Fabrik software or even details of these four files, so in hindsight I was overconfident in making the judgement I did.

Thanks again,
---Peter

Fabrik is large and complex enough that even I don't know if a given commit may or may not rely on changes form previous commits, unless it's a very trivial change.

I presume you have a sandbox copy of your site you can test in? I never recommend apply github updates to live sites, as github is very much 'bleeding edge', and we do sometimes introduce bugs.

We're in the process of working out a two level repo, so we have a private bleeding edge repo that Rob and I (and any sufficiently enthusiastic / knowledgeable testers) share and commit our changes to, then only merge that to the main public repo when we have tested for a few days.

-- hugh

Hugh,

The site for which I have installed Fabrik for the first time is not yet live, but close to being so. I came across Fabrik in looking for a Form extension, and was happy to find it does so much more than Forms! On limited time and money budget doing this Joomla! site for free for my condo association, but benefiting from learning Fabrik for other sites going forward.

I have not set up a sandbox yet, but know it will be a necessity before the site goes live. It is time for me to bite the bullet and do it!

---Peter

Since updating with the latest files just now the Dompdf error has gone and PDF working fine. This has been bugging me for a few days. However I now find the icon for adding to a dropdown list does not show for some reason /media/com_fabrik/images/action_add.png" alt="Add". I can post more of the code around this if needed.

The action works fine just looks yuck on the page.

The site is in development phase and will only be for me to use when complete so I am not too concerned at this point but would like to sort it.

I am happy to test new additions or fixes but I am no good at programming

Regards
Alan White

The way you updated from github isn't the right way. You can't cherry pick certain files from one commit, as each commit may have dependencies on previous commits. This can lead to subtle and nasty problems. Which is bad for you (!) and also bad for us, if your site starts exhibiting issues nobody else is seeing, because of your particular mix of files, and we don't know what's been updated and what hasn't.

Whenever you do a github update, you MUST update ALL files. Easiest way is just to grab the ZIP from:

https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/zipball/master

... unzip it, and copy the content of the inner, numbered, folder up to your server, making sure you overwrite all existing files. Yes, this takes a little extra time (especially now we have the DOMPDF library, which adds a lot of files), but if you use something like FileZilla, is just a few mouse clicks.

-- hugh

I have the same problem and I updated all my files in the way you have described and it still persists. I really don't know what to do, do you think deinstalling and reinstalling Fabrik would help?

Okay so I tried deinstalling/reinstalling and the list still doesn't show the order by category. I'm really confused about it cause I followed all the steps.

I installed Fabrik, then copied the maps and files from the update and pasted it in my local host/site folder. And then I refreshed the cache on all fabrik items in the extension manager. Am I missing something?

A friendly bump, I still haven't been able to display the name of the group while its collapsed.

When I check extension manager most of the fabrik extensions are version 3.0.7 except for Fabrik package which is 3.0.6.3.

Fabrik package work in progress, not really working yet (you can ignore this).

Grouping:
Edit you list, set the group by option in "Data" tab.
Fill the "Front-end template" to display group names.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back