• Payment Plugins Poll

We need your feedback on the need for updated payment plugins. Please go here and give us your feedback.

• Joomla 5.1

For running J!5.1 you must install Fabrik 4.1
    See also Announcements

• Subscription and download (Fabrik 4.1 for J!4.2+ and J!5.1) are working now

See Announcement
    Please post subscription questions and issues here

We have resolved the issue with the J! updater and this will be fixed in the next release.

link forms by province

If your 'portal page' is a joomla article you may think about creating fabrik menu items for each of the portal items with the according pre-filter (you can hide them in the menu settings to avoid appearing on the page) and then create a link in each of the portal items to this menu items.
Sorry, I haven't explained myself well.With the image I was trying to say that from several Joomla articles, I need direct links to different fabrik forms.Some forms will be like the current ones, with province and company filters in the same forms and others, only the province filter is necessary.
Examples of forms:
1 unique bricklayer form (only with province filter)
1 unique painter form (with province and profession filter)
1 single plumber form (only with province filter)
so up to 10 different and unique formsThese must reach the registered companies with the current operation

Probably you are mixing up the terms in your description:

Fabrik form is for entering data in a single database record (e.g. one company details)
Details view is the read-only version of a form
List is representing a database table (with links to the individual records / detail views)

Filters can be applied to lists (and not to forms). So shouldn't your description be:
Examples of lists:
1 unique bricklayer list (only with province filter)
1 unique painter list (with province and profession filter)
1 single plumber list (only with province filter)

If this is correct, I can give you more hints

Probably you are mixing up the terms in your description:

Fabrik form is for entering data in a single database record (e.g. one company details)
Details view is the read-only version of a form
List is representing a database table (with links to the individual records / detail views)

Filters can be applied to lists (and not to forms). So shouldn't your description be:

If this is correct, I can give you more hints
Sorry, I think the translator played tricks on me.I was referring to single forms for a bricklayer, another for a plumber, and in this case with a single province drop-down list, 'that's why I asked at the beginning if it was necessary to create a new list for each of them.thank you

Do you mean something like search forms? I never did this, but you can see the documentation here:

Do you mean something like search forms? I never did this, but you can see the documentation here:

Thanks, but that's not exactly what I'm looking for. I have application and registration form with your help that works perfectly. I need more of the same forms but without the profession dropdown, only provinces, for example for bricklayer, plumber to put a direct link without having to select the profession dropdown. I don't know if it is possible to do the same with a filter

I think, I got it now, what you want. Need to to some checks, but unfortunately I have currently some system problems. If these are solved, I'll come back to you

As an example how to create a bricklayer form.
Create a copy of your original company list
1716471622919.png

Change the profession element of the bricklayer list
1716471721617.png

1716471749792.png

1716471780505.png

1716471807010.png

Save and close.

Your bricklayer form is ready for use and can be called through:
1. Fabrik menu item
2. URL
3. content plugin

Hope this helps (and I understood your wishes :) )

I didn't read through all the messages in great detail and may be missing something, but I'd create menu items per Profession to the one form, not duplicate the lists, and use the Fabrik Form Option->'Extra Query String' to preselect the Profession element option based on the menu item. If the Profession element needs to be hidden, add a "hide-profession' (or whatever) Page Class to the Menu Item and tap into that to hide the Profession element using CSS or such.

This is for sure a way to achieve the same result (which I wasn't aware of).
But as I understood @presupuesto he wants to link to the forms from articles. So he will need to create menu-items, hide them in the menu and link to those.
It's always a matter of taste :)

HA, yes, definitely different ways to skin the "Fabrik-cat"! For me, copying a list is my last resort so not to have all the extra elements, especially in this case with 10 professions (and maybe more added in the future), so I do every trick I can think of before getting to that point. Sorry again however, I didn't read in great detail all the posts and may be missing something.

Regarding the landing page articles, as you mentioned, I'd create a hidden set of menu items to each profession (unless they need to show somewhere such as in a dropdown), apply the needed Fabrik Options to each of those items, and create a button/link to the respective menu item from within each respective article.

We have a similar app where volunteers can apply to volunteer for a specific department in which they have to fill out an application, choosing the department. Instead of the applicant choosing the department, we set it up just as the above, with the department element choice hidden in the form, the form is submitted and emails the department director, and has been working well. For the application form we have the department element placeholder within the title so that it says "Applying for the {placeholder} Department".

As an example how to create a bricklayer form.
Create a copy of your original company list
View attachment 21455

Change the profession element of the bricklayer list
View attachment 21456
View attachment 21457
View attachment 21458
View attachment 21459

Save and close.

Your bricklayer form is ready for use and can be called through:
1. Fabrik menu item
2. URL
3. content plugin

Hope this helps (and I understood your wishes :) )
With your help I have managed to make it work, but I have the need to create more than 50 Requests with direct access (bricklayer, plumber, painter, etc.), and I don't know if Fabrik has the option to add an attribute, from a button or direct link in Joomla when selecting (bricklayer, plumber, painter, etc.) and load the form with the filtering of the profession directly with only one form for everything.thank you so much

Basically what I proposed would mean more than 50 lists, What @hominid4 proposed would require more than 50 menu items.

So my new proposal would be: create a copied list/form with a hidden profession element (as I described above). Let's say the new form has the ID X

Then use the fabrik content plugin in an article to call the form for your various cases (a default value doesn't need to be defined in the profession element):

{fabrik view=form id=X company___profession='bricklayer'}
{fabrik view=form id=X company___profession='plumber'}
{fabrik view=form id=X company___profession='painter'}

Or maybe you can call the form through an URL (never tried it):

index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=X&company___profession='painter'

Basically what I proposed would mean more than 50 lists, What @hominid4 proposed would require more than 50 menu items.

So my new proposal would be: create a copied list/form with a hidden profession element (as I described above). Let's say the new form has the ID X

Then use the fabrik content plugin in an article to call the form for your various cases (a default value doesn't need to be defined in the profession element):

{fabrik view=form id=X company___profession='bricklayer'}
{fabrik view=form id=X company___profession='plumber'}
{fabrik view=form id=X company___profession='painter'}
Thank you so much for your help. I think I already have it

Thank you so much for your help. I think I already have it
Sorry, it is not completely achieved, in this case it is still necessary to duplicate the list and forms for each profession, the idea was to have a single list and form that when selecting an article, for example (bricklayer), that filter would be loaded directly

What I described was a form for entering data with a predefined element value.
If you want to display the filtered list you can do this either with fabrik list menu item and according prefilters
or
with an URL:
Code:
http://site.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid=X&resetfilters=1&company___profession='painter'

Addition: according the wiki page https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/filtering-lists-tables/ you need to keep in mind:
Note: In order to use an element name in a URL filter, that element must have a filter enabled.
thank you. If, as you indicate, there is no better way to apply what you indicated previously. The idea was to use a common form for all professions and with direct links to each profession with some attribute in that link that would filter the profession field. If you allow me, I can tell you privately an example.thank you.

As mentioned in message #53, if it is fine having the parameter in the URL, allowing you to use the common form, filtering each profession, without all the extra menu items:

your_site.com/path_to_form?company___profession=painter

Back