Kunena 3.0 update issue caused by Fabrik 3.0.8

mibert

Hi there,

I am using Fabrik 3.0.8 on a Joomla 2.5.11 website, where also Kunena 2.0.4 is installed.
Recently Kunena has released Rev. 3.0 of their forum software, and I am facing issues to update.

After long trials, I have tracked down the issue between Kunena and Fabrik finally:
There seems to be some conflict between the Kunena System plugin and the Fabrik Forms System Plugin

If both Plugins are published, that site crashes and only a white page is shown. If one of these two plugin is unpublihed, the other application (either Fabrik Forms 3.0.8 or Kunena 3.0) is working no problem. Also the migration from Kunena 2.0.4 to 3.0 works very smoothly.

In any case, as I need both components, I am still stack without a solution.

Any advise, how to fix the issue, would be more than appreciated.

Best regards

Michael

That is a pity (pretty horible more like it). With a Joomla 2.5.11 site with Kunena already installed there is no way to get Fabrik (3.0.8 or 3.1b) working. Event setting all Fabrik extensions ordering to -1, or renaming all com_* dirs, except com_fabrik, keeps giving me HTTP Error 500 and an unreachable site. When I rename com_fabrik (to disable it) my site is approachable again.
Fabrik seems to be very promising, but this way I can not even install to test it on an average system (with Kunena installed).
If paying for it would help I might consider it, but there seems to be no high priority given to this evidently critical problem. I don't understand this.

If paying for it would help I might consider it, but there seems to be no high priority given to this evidently critical problem. I don't understand this.
Did you try this?
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/cannot-redeclare-class-jform.34129/#post-171559

According to the poster this solves the issue.
And maybe uninstalling the new Kunena version (as far as I know the old one was not conflicting with Fabrik) would solve it, too.(or at least try to disable the kunena system plugin before installing fabrik)

Did you try this?

Without first disabling Kunena first, it won't even get to a finished Fabrik install (no fabrik extentions are created). So after install with Kunena disabled, then setting ordering to -1 (like I said), after enabling Kunena the site becomes unreachable.
I don't know with which version of Kunena it is working, had no previous version installed and this is my first Fabrik try.
So my first experience did not look promising when a (luckily test) site becomes unreachable, so that is one reason to fix this asap or at least put some high profile warning messages on the site and near the download area. This is costing me lots of hours, and I don't even know yet if Fabrik is something for me.

Hi there,

There are several threads about the new Kunena version conflicting with fabrik.

Thanks for your advise. Actually http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?threads/cannot-redeclare-class-jform.34129/#post-171559 worked for me.

Here is the order to proceed:
  1. - Upload latest Fabrik version (to be downloaed from Git Hub)
  2. - Set "Fabrik - System" plugin in the #_extensions table, and set 'ordering' to -1.
  3. - Empty Cache
  4. - Install Kunena 3.0 package

Best regards and thanks for the help

Michael

I tried to replace Kunena, but found no other forum with the same authorisation possibilities.
After removing Kunena completely and first installing Fabrik and updating from GitHub, setting -1 and reinstalling Kunena it seems to be working now (after many backup/restores).
But still this is quite a hassle, and a costs lot of time.

I've tried all the procedures discussed above several times, and before doing so I uninstalled or disabled any add-ons that I wasn't currently using and completely removed the old Fabrik folders. I still can't get it to work. As soon as I try to upgrade Kunena to 3.1 the backand and frontends both fail to load. Is there not some change to could make to Fabrik to prevent this serious clash? I'm very keen to use Fabrik but I'm also very keen to have the latest version of Kunena and a forum is essential on my website.

We have been trying for several years to get the Joomla folk to accept a patch request form us to fix the issue that causes this, with no luck.

The procedure outlined in post #7 should work, and has worked for me every time I've tried it, with no real hassle.

If would like some help with it, find me on Skype ('cheesegrits') and if I have the time, I'll try and help you out.

-- hugh

Thanks, Hugh. I'll leave it for a couple of days, then try again, and if it doesn't work I might take up your offer - what country/time zone are you in?

It's interesting that you say you've been pushing for a patch for "several years" as the issue doesn't arise with the previous version of Kunena (not with me, at any rate), only with version 3.

Hi all
like some of you I have tested the trick "Set "Fabrik - System" plugin in the #_extensions table, and set 'ordering' to -1." without succes
With fabrik 3.0.8 or 3.1.b
update or "uninstall and reinstall" kunena 3.1 broke my site

i miss something

thanks

Hi

My basis joomla 2.5.14 (last update) , kunena 2.0.4 , fabrik 3.0.8

I have used exactly the tuto

1) Upload latest Fabrik version (to be downloaed from Git Hub - https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/zipball/master)
I have extracted all files and uploaded by ftp (filezilla with files replacement) relevant joomla folders : administrator, components, libraries, media, modules, plugins, on the root of my web site
Not done on first tests :confused:

2) Set "Fabrik - System" plugin in the #_extensions table, and set 'ordering' to -1.
to be sure to have no pb with other system plugins, on joomla administration plugin, i have put the kunena system plugin to the latest place

3) Empty Cache (site and administrator by FTP - I had only index.html file on each cache folder )

4) Install Kunena 3.0 package (directly from joomla 2.5 extension administrator update)

hope could help you

take care

bertrand

Many thanks, Bertrand. I followed your instructions to the letter and it worked!!! That was on the development site, I need to pluck up some courage to do it on the production site! And learn how to use Fabrik!

I've ended up with some Fabrik addons showing 3.0.7, though most show 3.0.8. I updated by downloading the Fabrik Master zip then uploading it bit by bit using Filezilla, which took a very long time. I then used Discover, which came up with an error message. However, everything seems to be working all right - though I have yet to delve very deep in Fabrik.

Thanks again,

Basil

Thanks, troester. I did actually do that, but it didn't appear to work, the Update page was still showing a huge number of required Fabrik updates.
Anyway, I'm going to have to start again because after I'd successfully played around with Fabrik to check that it was working OK, I tried to update a couple of other extensions and ended up with no access to either the front end or the back end. So I will restore to the development environment from an Akeeba backup and again try updating Fabrik and Kunena. This time I think I'll first uninstall Fabrik, then install 3.0.8 then install the Fabrik-Master files from GitHub. Then follow the instructions about clearing caches and setting the ordering of Fabrik-System. Then upgrade Kunena. Then take a backup. Then try updating the other extensions singly rather than several at a time.

Thanks to everyone who helped - I've finally updated the production site and everything is fine. Just installing 3.0.8 wasn't enough, I had to copy across the Github files - there must be some extra files there that are essential for the Kunena upgrade to run. This time I unzipped the Github files on the server and copied them across there, which was much quicker than unzipping on my laptop and then uploading via FTP.

Hi

My basis joomla 2.5.14 (last update) , kunena 2.0.4 , fabrik 3.0.8

I have used exactly the tuto

1) Upload latest Fabrik version (to be downloaed from Git Hub - https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/zipball/master)
I have extracted all files and uploaded by ftp (filezilla with files replacement) relevant joomla folders : administrator, components, libraries, media, modules, plugins, on the root of my web site
Not done on first tests :confused:

2) Set "Fabrik - System" plugin in the #_extensions table, and set 'ordering' to -1.
to be sure to have no pb with other system plugins, on joomla administration plugin, i have put the kunena system plugin to the latest place

3) Empty Cache (site and administrator by FTP - I had only index.html file on each cache folder )

4) Install Kunena 3.0 package (directly from joomla 2.5 extension administrator update)

hope could help you

take care

bertrand

Thanks, Bertrand! I followed your instructions precisely, including the FTP part, and was able to upgrade both Fabrik and Kunena. This is after several failed attempts using the Admin Extension manager to update Fabrik.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back