joomla plugin error

raimis

Hi in one page i use joomla nonumber plugin {modal} - nice open popup link, but in other page i get error when try open {modal} . open link like simple link not in popup. Why ?
joomla 3.6
Fabrikar 3.5 (in page where work, i update last week, in page where not work, i update yesterday)
all is updated

<a class="modal_link cboxElement" data-modal-class-name="no_title" href="index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&Itemid=&tmpl=component&ajax=1&noredirect=1&formid=17&rowid='.$row->id .'&listid=17" data-modal-done="1">Edit</a>

TypeError: Fabrik.tips is undefined

...lidationFX},tips:function(){var a=this;return jQuery(Fabrik.tips.elements).filte...

element.js (line 2, col 5441)

Because when you do it that way, Fabrik is never being run when the page loads, so none of our JS gets set up.

I'm guessing you probably have a Fabrik "thing" elsewhere on the home page, which is causing our JS to be loaded.

-- hugh

I can't remember. I thought I'd seen someone post the way to do it recently, but I can't find it. And it's not something I've ever done.

-- hugh

I got a form to load in a modal popup without any issues - see screenshot.
3 things to try:
1. Make sure the modals plugin is updated to the latest - Peter changed his company/extension name to Regular Labs a few weeks ago.
Over the years, the modal plugin has seen pretty extension revisions, in part because the Jquery ecosystem is constantly evolving.
2. I used the alternate syntax:
{modal index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=18}Modal Test{/modal}
3. I've seen that type error before on Fabrik tips - AFAIK it's a red herring triggered typically by conflict with some other extension.
If the error only happens with the modal, then you'll need to debug with Console or Firebug since you prob have 3 js libs in the same arena:
Fabrik
Modals
some 3rd extension(s) and/or template

upload_2016-7-29_8-45-59.png

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back