Joomla 3.7 upgrade + PHP 7.1 upgrade: Fabrik error

fabrikg09

Just upgraded a site from Joomla 3.6x to Joomla 3.7, also reconfigured server to use PHP 7.1 My Fabrik extension is at version 3.5.2

Site seems to behave normally, but in backend, when navigating, I always receive get this error:

Warning: Declaration of FabTable::getFields() should be compatible with JTable::getFields($reload = false) in/home/pikestained/www/www/psg/administrator/components/com_fabrik/tables/fabtable.phpon line119

A brief look around via Google shows no obvious cause.

J!3.7 needs Fabrik3.6, you have to update Fabrik (after a backup). See forum notes.

Thanks - just saw that. One form on the site (even after going back to PHP 3.64, temporarily) seems to be inop, but perhaps the Fabrik update from Github will fix that, too...

Update went fine. But one menu item, which is supposed to call a single Fabrik form, now 404's with File Not Found. I went in and checked the form - it's there, published, all elements and groups intact. But will not display.

Ach: In fumbling around with the PHP and Joomla! updates, I forgot to restore my .htaccess file that turned the Rewrite Engine on. Time to head out of here, for sure!

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back