Joined table: adding record causes memory error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

Hi there,

one of the last SVN causes an error in my system. I have a joined table (right join) that worked pretty well before. I can't tell you the exact SVN where the problem started as I updated from SVN 875 to SVN 944.
As there are several changes in the join behaviour I guess, one of those causes the error.

If I try to add a record to the table with the join, I get this error:

Code:
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 65 bytes) in W:\www\oldenbourg\html-data\verlag\gwz\includes\database.php on line 502

As I had the memory error in a previous version a couple of month ago, you told me to increase memory size to 128 MB. But now even 128 MB seem not to be enaugh.

Any hints?
Roland

Is this on your LAMP or WAMP system, or both?

Either way we'll have to take a hands-on look at the affected system(s) to work out whats going on. No way should adding a record consume that much.

-- hugh

Hi Roland

Id try editing and saving the table and any database join elements you have.
If that doesnt fix it pm me ftp and admin details to the site

cheers
rob

Good morning,

thanks for your replies.
I saved the joined tables once again but it doesn't solve the problem.

The error occurs on my development system right now. I did not test on the production system as it is an system that has to work.
Last time as I had this error it also occured on the Linux System. The php.ini file is pretty similar and memory is set to 128 MB on both systems.

I will test it Friday late afternoon on the Linux system and leave it online for Rob, hoping you will be able to check it until monday morning. I will send you a PM late Friday afternoon.

Thank you
Roland

If the test system is accessible, PM me the usual details (don't forget to include a link back to this thread).

-- hugh

Test system online / tabel order problem

Hi Hugh,

I would like to renew this thread. I sent you a PM on June 18 with the login data to access the test system.
If you have time, could you please check my problem?

A second problem in all SVN for me is, that ordering in the table view seems just to work for the very first click on a column header. I get the arrow down symbol and the table gets ordered by this column.
Any further click to the same column or to another one seems to have no effect. Even the symbol does not change. I would expect the symbols to follow the state: arrow down, arrow up, no arrow an remove order of this column.

You can check this with the table "Adressen". It is pre-ordered by "Name/Verlag"

Thank you,
Roland

Renew this thread

Hi,

as I didn't get an answer yet, I would like to renew this thread.

Roland

hi Roland

I cant find a PM from you, I'm not sure if you sent them to Hugh or not?
Anyway PM me the info again and I'll try to take a look

cheers
Rob

I've been searching through my inbox but can't seem to find the correct login info. I may have deleted it. :(

Roland, can you send details to both of us?

-- hugh

hi
Should be fixed in the SVN (and on the dev site)
We were doing an unnecessary sql query when displaying the form, which basically selected EVERYTHING in the table (rather than the one row it should have selected if you were editing a record)
Putting your 3000 odd records into memory was just too much for the server :)

Cheers
Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back