Issues with cron emails

Yeah, set that down to 5 mins, or something short.

As you are using the query string trigger which is only used by your cron job, they'll still only fire whenever that cron job does the wget. Setting the Fabrik interval shorter than the cron frequency just ensures that Fabrik will consider the job ready to run when your cron wget fires off.

-- hugh

Just out of interest. What's the resource usage like for these crons? I'm just a bit pedantic about optimisation...

bj?rn
- from tapatalk

We've pretty much thrashed that to death on this thread, I've explained several times over what is involved in running the cron jobs. TL/DR, it's pretty much the same as displaying the list you are running the cron with on the front end, when displaying all rows (with pre-filtering taken into effect). If you want to know more, enable J! debug and look at the profiling.

-- hugh

some things might seem obvious to you hugh. you've got 30+ years programming experience, right? thanks anyway. i'll let the crons run after hours.

But I did explain in some detail:

Remember that unless you are pre-filtering, or using the "max rows" setting, the cron plugin is going to load the entire table, all rows, and render the elements (as if it was going to be displayed in a list), and hand the email plugin a $data structure with ALL those rows in it. So if your table has (say) 1000 rows, and you are using the condition code to decide which ones need to be sent ... you are loading, rendering and testing 1000 rows, even though you only send email to 10. That's like displaying a List with a 1000 rows in it.

... and then we had a long discussion about how to use pre-filtering to reduce the number of rows the cron plugin is loading, to reduce the resource load.

I don't mean to sound like an ass, but I have pointed out that I really can't carry on providing this level of support for free. Which is why I was a little prickly when you talked about being pedantic. I'm all for being pedantic about performance issues, but being pedantic comes with a cost when you don't have that 30 years of experience, and you can't expect me to bear that cost for you.

-- hugh

Got it Dad. I really appreciate everything you've done for me with my limited contribution. Thank you again. I am completely aware of what your time is worth. Fabrik has opened new doors to me which in turn opens new revenue streams. Which should in time translate to a larger contribution. Fabrik is fantabulous and you, @rob and contributers like @troester are doing an amazing job, unseen on 99% of other platforms out there. My offer still stands to help you guys market this thing properly and generate more income through different avenues.

bj?rn
- from tapatalk

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back