Impossible to create a new connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincent79

Hello,

I've just installed for the first time the fabrik 4 delta release (after upgrading my website form J3 to 4). I've got 2 errors.

1 - When I try to edit or create a formular, there are no buttons to save the changes (impossible to create or edit a formular)

2 - I can't set up a new connection, here the error :
Fabrik : new connection :
Field 'id' doesn't have a default value

1 Connection ID # is unpublished or trashed
Call stack
# Function Location
1 () JROOT\components\com_fabrik\models\connection.php:171
2 FabrikFEModelConnection->getConnection() JROOT\libraries\fabrik\fabrik\fabrik\Helpers\Worker.php:1918
3 Fabrik\Helpers\Worker::getConnection() JROOT\administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\list.php:2295
4 FabrikAdminModelList->getDb() JROOT\administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\list.php:1051
5 FabrikAdminModelList->databaseTableExists() JROOT\administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\form.php:488
6 FabrikAdminModelForm->updateDatabase() JROOT\administrator\components\com_fabrik\controllers\forms.php:71
7 FabrikAdminControllerForms->updateDatabase() JROOT\libraries\src\MVC\Controller\BaseController.php:678
8 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT\administrator\components\com_fabrik\fabrik.php:104
9 require_once()

Thanks for the GREAT job you are doing!

This sounds totally strange.

From which Fabrik and J! version did you upgrade (should be the latest avaiable ones, so J!3.10.11 and Fabrk3.10

Are you working on your original site or are you running a site copy?

If you copy a site you must edit the Fabrik connection pointing to the J! database (open, set password, resave) so Fabrik has the correct J! database.
So was it working before the upgrade?

Did you get any errors during installation?

Hello,

No error during installations
I switch from Joomla 3.10.11 to Joomla 4.3.2, I'm working in local on a copy

For the connection : impossible to create one (the old one has disappeared)
--> the id is set to "0"
--> the error says "Field 'id' doesn't have a default value"

impossible to create one (the old one has disappeared)
This sounds very bad.
Do you have a table #_fabrik_connections in your database at all?
If yes: where is it pointing to?

There was an empty #_fabrik_connections in my database
So to sort it out now, I've just deleted it and reimported from my old database with my new parameters (and evrything is working now)

Maybe an idea will be to create a "dummy database connection" at the installation of fabrik 4 ?

Last edited:
Maybe an idea will be to create a "dummy database connection" at the installation of fabrik 4 ?
Fabrik always creates the standard connection on a new install and keeps the existing one on update.
You are the 1st one where the connection "disappeared", no idea what happened at your site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back