Import issue

mk13

When a data is imported into new table, an unexpected radio-button and check-bow will appear on Form/Deails. like attached.

The data imported which made Fabrik export. The label was normal. The data enterd was beside the formatting and be entered along with the format exported.

Attachments

• unexpected_item_button.png
    unexpected_item_button.png
    14.1 KB · Views: 143
I think you have that because there is a value in the imported data that is different from the values you have for your checkboxes or radio button.

hi jfquestiaux
Please confirm, create a default setting in radio-button or checkbox like attached, And create a data should be imported which has a value entered for the default setting. And then do import to empty table, whether this issue happens.
http://fabrikar.com/forums/member.php?u=16761

Attachments

• setting_radiobutton.png
    setting_radiobutton.png
    19.4 KB · Views: 149
additionally, when it is populated the LABEL of radio-button and check-box, Not either Value.

And date element still can't import for me, when it is used the flag as normal label( Not raw Label) .

can you post a copy of the csv file you are importing and give a full description of exactly what you are doing, including full options for the list import setting etc.
What jfquestiaux is saying sounds correct to me, if you import some data whose value is not found among your options then an additional radiobutton is shown in the form, to avoid users deleting the imported value

yep, jfquestiaux is right and thank you. And I know how to avoid this. it just do use raw data like setA below.

setA) 'include raw data : yes' and do export:
-> 1 CSV format : Raw
-> 2 Checkbox : "Label(not raw)" will be exported ! but possible to import it.
-> 3 Radio : Raw
-> 4 date : Raw
----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Does Fabrik know Value(not label) in anywhere when this [6,7] will be imported ?
- Which does Format's Date Label [8] ? Is that belong to list's formatting ? but when this is imported, belong to Form's formatting ? I have set the different format amang form and list.

setB) 'include data : yes' and do export:
-> 5 CSV Format : Data
-> 6 Checkbox : Label
-> 7 Radio : Label
-> 8 date : Label

I had a bunch of question about import &export, so throw in here additionally.
(Q1) How was ? To via regex and element's settings ?
(Q2) Possible ? To import & export Elements repeated.
(Q3) Possible ? To expoert labels which is refferd to a child's data joined sort of.

you forgot to attach the csv files ;)

relating to the other questions:

(Q3) Possible ? To expoert labels which is refferd to a child's data joined sort of.
Sorry I don't understand

(Q2) Possible ? To import & export Elements repeated.
Exporting with repeat data should work, importing I'm not sure. Generally spread sheets are not databases and as such don't lend themselves well to dealing with relational data. So dealing with one to many relationships in a csv file is not ideal.

you forgot to attach the csv files ;)
!!! here you are. the explanation is at inline in the files.
Exporting with repeat data should work, importing I'm not sure. Generally spread sheets are not databases and as such don't lend themselves well to dealing with relational data. So dealing with one to many relationships in a csv file is not ideal.
OK! I keep it mind about importing the elements repeated might be unable.
Fabrik applys any regexs and element's settings when a data is imported ?
(Q3) Possible ? To export labels which is refferd to a child's data joined sort of.
I understood about importing of Repeating Groups for Q2 answer, here was about TABLE JOINS , NOTE-plugin , DATABASEJOIN that I would like to say it.

Attachments

• exported_by_f3.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 95
Back